Will mineral values go up now that over $1.93 trillion wiped out from the US stock market so far today?

Screen Shot 2024-08-23 at 7.31.20 AM.png

Round down $14.10
If it was $14.126 then round up to $14.15
TBH, I'm amazed they would round down. 😲
They never did around here when calculating to the nearest cent--always rounded up (e.g. Office Space, Superman III).

TBH, I'm amazed they would round down. 😲
They never did around here when calculating to the nearest cent--always rounded up (e.g. Office Space, Superman III).
When they eliminated the penny it was a round up or round down when paying cash.
CC/Debit/anything on paper it's still the value stated.

I needed a $10 US note and it cost me $14.11 on Monday.
Sheesh.... how many ten dollar bills do you need Pepps... i will give em to ya at a massively lower rate.

$14

:P

PS... jfyi.... during the covid dealio... $10 bills... for whatever reason.... were scarce.

Indubitably, but in what time frame, and what is the source selling? 🤨
What would the buying power of the dollar be like when gold sells for $5,000.00 an ounce?

What would the buying power of the dollar be like when gold sells for $5,000.00 an ounce?
Just for an example it's at $2500 today.
Would it be at 50% of the value?
So for the consumer everything would be adjusted(inflated) to show that.

Just for an example it's at $2500 today.
Would it be at 50% of the value?
So for the consumer everything would be adjusted(inflated) to show that.
Not sure this would be the true buying power. For example in 1947 one could buy with a quarter more then a gallon of gas. Today that same quarter still buys more then a gallon of gas.

Yes there has to be many commodities that have gone down due to advances of technologies and production methods. With that being said there are commodities such as minerals that the production is not going up enough to offset the demand etc.

Not sure this would be the true buying power. For example in 1947 one could buy with a quarter more then a gallon of gas. Today that same quarter still buys more then a gallon of gas.

Yes there has to be many commodities that have gone down due to advances of technologies and production methods. With that being said there are commodities such as minerals that the production is not going up enough to offset the demand etc.
Screenshot_20240825_123602_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240825_123806_Google.jpg

Spot gold price over about 20 years.

Attachments

• gold-price-performance-USD_x.png
    gold-price-performance-USD_x.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 6

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back