Will mineral values go up now that over $1.93 trillion wiped out from the US stock market so far today?

:tongue3:

Silver:
$27.99
up
0.51 Gold: $2469.36
up.gif
if it closes at those gains today,
when it drops $5.00 the Buyers will be Crying
and the pessimists will say it's the end of the world :laughing7:

if they spent a million buying at those prices it's their own fault :laughing7:

will be a looooog time before it's a Buyers Market , unless your buying for $500 a troy oz & If you did for $500 . Sell to the fools !
If I only have a few ounces, losing twenty bucks doesn't worry me at all.

I am not so foolish I'd buy gold to get rich. Like others who plan for the worst (canning food, emergency heat, etc.), I bought a bit so not everything I have would lose fifty percent of its value, like our FRN's have in the last few years.

I see gold the cost of buying gold went up about $400.00 from when I first looked at prices after a long time of not paying much attention. If I'd bought a few ounces at 2k, that would not have gotten me very excited. If it dropped back down to $1,800.00 ($200.00 lower than the 2k start point), that wouldn't worry me either. This is a long haul thing. Kind of like the products of my freeze dryer.

Anyone who has a few stocks and watched them for a while should know fluctuations happen. Especially when the feds manipulate markets, whether by printing more hollow money, by selling stocks of precious metals, or other tactics to alter our world.

Last edited:
Spot gold price today is $2,507.70. Still could drop down for a while however there appears to be a up trend.

Right now, it's looking like Aug. 5 was just a routine correction--healthy for the market long term.

Gravity: Whatever goes up must come down.
Market: Whatever goes down must come up.*

Long term, I would expect mineral values to continue to be governed by supply & demand, lest shenanigans.

*Applies to the market as a whole--not individual issues.

Right now, it's looking like Aug. 5 was just a routine correction--healthy for the market long term.

Gravity: Whatever goes up must come down.
Market: Whatever goes down must come up.*

Long term, I would expect mineral values to continue to be governed by supply & demand, lest shenanigans.

Was the market correction made to happen because of the latest events?

Nice touch there............ :laughing7: :tongue3:

Was the market correction made to happen because of the latest events?

Nice touch there............ :laughing7: :tongue3:
IDK which latest events you mean.

For the reasons, search reasons for aug 5 market correction

Keep in mind that opinions are like... well... everybody's got one. 😉

IDK which latest events you mean.

For the reasons, search reasons for aug 5 market correction

Keep in mind that opinions are like... well... everybody's got one. 😉
Any number of suspects could be blamed for Monday’s market beatdown, ranging from worries about the economy and seemingly slow-footed response from the Federal Reserve to the unwind of a popular global currency trade and concerns over corporate earnings.

Those all played a part in some shape or form, and each helped tell a story of a shifting investing landscape that likely has not fully played out fully.

“This is very much a regime shift that is affecting sentiment in a big way,” said Robert Teeter, chief investment strategist at Silvercrest Asset Management. “The market got a little bit ahead of itself in that run-up that it’s had. Now we’re correcting back to where we were in April and May, and it’s been a violent correction because it’s been a very big wake-up call.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/08/05/her...-mondays-major-market-wreck-is-happening.html

“Despite the negative market action, we don’t believe that there’s a reason for equity investors to exercise significant caution,” says Eric Freedman, chief investment officer for U.S. Bank Wealth Management. “We still think it’s a great time to be invested and for those with money in cash, it represents an opportunity to put capital to work in longer-term assets.”

https://www.usbank.com/investing/fi...arket-news/is-a-market-correction-coming.html

Here is a 10yr graft of the US dollar and the rate we pay on the dollar. (It doesn't matter what currency that is being used to buy the US dollar)
I don't see this happening in what you stated actually, unless I'm not correctly understanding..

View attachment 2162540
Don't you need some deceit or fraud to rise to the level of graft?

Your avatar is a political comment :P
Owners have told mods that Avatars and signatures themselves do not fall under our politics rules unless they become extreme or violate a different rule.

Don't you need some deceit or fraud to rise to the level of graft?
If someone is successful in establishing a claim of deceit, they may be able to rescind the contract they entered into. In some cases, they may also be able to claim the return of property in exchange for money paid.

Can you spell out what you are referring too?
One attempt to spell out what may be referred too:
The essence of graft lies in the betrayal of public trust and the subversion of established rules for personal enrichment. Although it is often tied to other white collar crimes like embezzlement and influence peddling, graft means, by definition, to corruptly use one’s power or influence for personal gain.

Go back and look at the post I quoted. Pro tip: you can sometimes figure out a post you find confusing by checking what was quoted and responded to. YMMV :)
USD to CAD chart +26.15% over 10 years with interesting spikes and lows over short periods.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back