WHY is it that some threads cant be opened recently?

Actually Im using Firefox not Chrome but it does the same in Chrome..

Screenshot of reply#16 where 3 of 4 images disappeared. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/506680-guitar-goodwill-should-i-buy-2.html

disappearing images #16.jpg

Upvote 0
I dont understand. Do you want me to edit and re-post each picture twice?

I notice if i edit and re-post, the image reappears but its only temporary.

I want you to post each picture twice to see if it forces picture to show. Sometimes in past if same picture posted twice it fixes that issue and only appears as one picture..... Just a test to see...

Upvote 0
The problem is worse than I thought TH. Here is what some members are seeing.

invalid.jpg

To me thats sad. That means for years many members were unable to view some images, maybe many images lost.

Upvote 0
OK i did the test and I guess it worked. I just editted and re-posted the same images on reply #12 and all 4 images appeared. Originally it was 2 images. I checked back later and now the first 2 have disappeared as can be seen in my screenshot below. But the new images are duplicate and they are there. If they stay there, then this trick will help. But I dont know if they will stay.

disappearing images test.jpg

Upvote 0
Our tests so far show they stay.. You still have the "attachments" but you also have the pictures..

Upvote 0
There is really no server issues , it's all a conspiracy .
HH for those pictures ! Lol

Upvote 0
Our tests so far show they stay.. You still have the "attachments" but you also have the pictures..
With all due respect TH, does that mean you are not going to do anything about it for another 5 years? Why should we have to post the same image 2 times? How are new members going to know this? Why can't you report it so the technicians can repair it? Why haven't they repaired it after all these years? And last of all, why does it seem that nobody cares but me or why are other members afraid to complain? I'm sorry for asking the tough question but I see no other way to solve this ongoing problem.

Upvote 0
Maybe you have reported it but the owners can't fix it or don't want to fix it? ???:dontknow:

Upvote 0
A member posted this on another thread:
"I would not expect those links to work after they have been edited as the path/name has been changed..."

If this is true, then Im guessing that there is nothing that can be done to fix this problem. However I dont recall it happening on other sites.

Sorry if I sound like a grumpy old man. Im just trying to see this problem fixed. If it cannot be fixed, then I accept that and I will use the double posting test trick. Again I apologize if I came off as being rude. Im just trying to understand what is happening with the disappearing images. Maybe I will also try not to use the edit feature because this is when the problems occur.

Upvote 0
Overall this site is smooth running and the content excellent and the people nice. Its just a few annoying little glitches that have become bothersome.

Upvote 0
Any time the "path or name" for a picture has been edited links will not work. If you have pictures on your computer you posted on any website and pictures are moved, edited or renamed on your computer the path to the picture will not work and this applies to any website.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Any time the "path or name" for a picture has been edited links will not work. If you have pictures on your computer you posted on any website and pictures are moved, edited or renamed on your computer the path to the picture will not work and this applies to any website.
OK no problem TH. I see nothing is ever going to change or I am misunderstanding something . If this is normal then I will say no more about it. Im not sure what you mean by a path or name for a picture being edited because I am not editing or renaming my pics. I am only editing text. My pictures are in files and I upload them to your site. If spelling is incorrect, for example, I will clic edit and correct the spelling of text only. That is when the images disappear. But if I do it quickly, the images do NOT disappear.

If this is the case on all websites, I havent noticed it. Hey Im just trying to help to make TN a better website. Thats all I have tried to do since the very beginning. If disappearing photos are not considered an issue, then who am I to try and help? :dontknow:

I notice one particular site allows 15 minutes to edit so there is no possibility of loosing the photo. I think your site gives about 1 minute before the photo disappears. Not sure but about one minute but i think its in the ballpark. I cant remember ever losing a photo on Facebook or any other website after editting text.

What I am trying to say if I edit within 10-20 seconds the picture will NOT be lost. So that kinda blows the theory out of the water. How do you explain that finderskeepers? Just asking.

Upvote 0
I just went into facebook and edited the text of a post from last week, and the image remains.
It isn't the post editing that causing the problem, change the name of the picture you uploaded or move the picture to a different folder on you computer and watch what happens...

Remember I said "Any time the "path or name" for a picture has been edited links will not work. If you have pictures on your computer you posted on any website and pictures are moved, edited or renamed on your computer the path to the picture will not work and this applies to any website." You just edited the typed post not the picture name or path......:occasion14:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It isn't the post editing that causing the problem, change the name of the picture you uploaded or move the picture to a different folder on you computer and watch what happens...

Remember I said "Any time the "path or name" for a picture has been edited links will not work. If you have pictures on your computer you posted on any website and pictures are moved, edited or renamed on your computer the path to the picture will not work and this applies to any website." You just edited the typed post not the picture name or path......:occasion14:

TH, I have over 25,000 posts here going back to 2004. Are you telling me Im doing something wrong when I post images at TN? ??? What exactly are you trying to say because I dont understand you my friend..

(Im NOT doing any of these things you mention in red. Im simply post editing typed post, TEXT ONLY, here at TN, when the images disappear)

ADDED: Somtimes when editting text, the website is changing the attachment numbers of images and thats probably why it disappears and comes up invalid. I think thats what finderskeepers was trying to tell me. So there may lie the problem. I think when the attachment number is not changed, the image remains. When the website changes the attachment number, it disappears.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back