Minelab Elite vs Tesoro Tejon unmasking test

I don't get it Calabash. Are you just bored? Why on earth would you even compare these two machines?

I told you in the first 46 seconds why....

Terry, we have very different styles when it comes to how to handle Metal Detector Companies, faults, and improvements....
I am for the consumer........not the companies at the end of the day.

Love you buddy, but I still don't own a pair of Crocs!:thumbsup:

Calabash, I have owned several Tesoro Tejon's over the years and wish I still had one. As you know, since I tried to buy the one in your video.... I never put a small coil on my Tejon and never tried to use it in iron invested cellar holes or house sites, because I knew I had better choices. Where the Tejon has value is in its raw depth and power. This depth is more obvious when the dirt gets hot like we have here in Virginia in many areas like Orange, Va. where many winter camps were located during the war. My deus 2 does very well in a slightly modified version of the Relic program. But I have dug dozens of minnieballs and musketballs from depths of less than 8 inches that gave repeatable "00" on the D2, but they sounded good and clean. I would be very interested to compare the old Tejon with a 10x12 Tesoro coil or the 13" Ultimate coil against my Deus 2 with the 11" or 12x13 coil at some of these locations. When I get my hands on another Tejon I will be putting it up against the D2 for comparison in hot soil and will report my conclusion on the old tech VS the new.... And on a side note, I have to agree with Terry, I think the problem may be the Crocs.... Tejon may work better with some old leather work boots or Muck boots:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back