WHOS GOT A FAVORITE MOVIE LINE

WHO'S GOT A FAVORITE MOVIE LINE

Great flick,did he do the store keeper? Wonder if they'll do #2 movie.

No, the store keeper was spared. Carson Wells tells Moss & the viewer that Chigurh has "his own set of principles, morals even'... The storekeeper won the coin toss, and Chigurh honors the outcome of the cointoss based solely on 'fate'.

Kinda the opposite of when he kills Llewelyn Moss' wife at the end ONLY because he told Llewelyn earlier in the movie that he would... He already killed Llewelyn but still followed through because he gave his word. Coldblooded, but he indeed honored his word.

Don't see how they could make a part 2 - Cormac McCarthy hasn't written any more books in the storyline.

Damn, I loved this movie.

Best three quotes from that film were:

"Whatcha got ain't nothin new. This country's hard on people, you can't stop what's coming, it ain't all waiting on you. That's vanity." - Ellis

OPENING MONOLOGUE:

"I was Sheriff of this county when I was 25 years old. Hard to believe. My grandfather was a lawman, father too. Me and him was sheriffs at the same time, him up in Plano and me out here. I think he's pretty proud of that. I know I was. Some of the old time Sheriffs never even wore a gun. A lotta folks find that hard to believe. Jim Scarborough'd never carry one - that's the younger Jim. Gaston Borkins wouldn't wear one up in Comanche County. I always liked to hear about the old-timers. Never missed a chance to do so. You can't help but compare yourself against the old-timers. Can't help but wonder how they'd have operated these times. There was this boy I sent to the 'lectric chair at Huntsville here awhile back. My arrest and my testimony. He killt a 14 year-old girl. Papers said it was a crime of passion but he told me there wasn't any passion to it. Told me that he'd been plannin' to kill somebody for about as long as he could remember. Said that if they turned him out, he'd do it again. Said he knew he was going to hell: 'Be there in about fifteen minutes.' I don't know what to make of that. I surely don't. The crime you see now, it's hard to even take its measure. It's not that I'm afraid of it. I always knew you had to be willin' to die to even do this job. But, I don't want to push my chips forward and go out and meet somethin' I don't understand. A man would have to put his soul at hazard. He'd have to say: 'O.K., I'll be part of this world.'

CLOSING MONOLOGUE:

"Had dreams… Two of ’em. Both had my father in ’em. It’s peculiar. I’m older now then he ever was by twenty years. So, in a sense, he’s the younger man. Anyway, the first one I don’t remember too well but, it was about meetin’ him in town somewheres and he give me some money. I think I lost it. The second one, it was like we was both back in older times and I was on horseback goin’ through the mountains of a night. Goin’ through this pass in the mountains. It was cold and there was snow on the ground and he rode past me and kept on goin’. Never said nothin’ goin’ by – just rode on past. And he had his blanket wrapped around him and his head down. When he rode past, I seen he was carryin’ fire in a horn the way people used to do, and I-I could see the horn from the light inside of it – about the color of the moon. And in the dream I knew that he was goin’ on ahead and he was fixin’ to make a fire somewhere out there in all that dark and all that cold. And I knew that whenever I got there, he’d be there. And then I woke up."

~Tejaas~

Last edited:
Two of them, and they're from the same movie.

"I'm not a treasure hunter, I'm a treasure finder!"

and

"The tiger sharks are the ones you gotta watch out for, they're the ones that are furry and have the stripes on them."

Into the Blue

WHO'S GOT A FAVORITE MOVIE LINE

I loved this film too...

I liked the drunken "lesser of two weevils" joke, and the "hold fast" tattoo on the oarsman's knuckles.

~Tejaas~

Last edited:
"dying ain't much of a living"...outlaw josey wells ...after he shoots guy that he told to "walk away" who leaves and returns ..earlier he asked him why he wanted to gun fight him, -- guy says got to make a living .. when he walks back in josey says --your back --guys says ..I had to come back ..josey ..yah I know...boom

My favorite film of all time!

"To hell with them fellers. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms."

"Well, Mr. Carpetbagger... We got something in this territory called a 'Missouri Boat Ride'..."

"I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas i bet."

"I always heard there were three kinds of 'suns' in Kansas: Sunshine, Sunflowers, and Sons-of-b****es."

"There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

"This boy was brought up in a time of blood and dying and never questioned a bit of it. He never turned his back on his folks or his kind. I rode with him... and I got no complaints..."

"In my line of work you gotta be able either to sing "The Battle Hymn Of The Republic" or "Dixie" with equal enthusiasm... dependin' upon present company of course."

"You get those holes a-leakin', I'm gonna whomp you with a knotted plow line."

I could go on, but no one wants the entire movie transcript posted here I'm sure!

~Tejaas~

"He died a good death"...Legends of the Fall.

"dying ain't much of a living"...outlaw josey wells ...after he shoots guy that he told to "walk away" who leaves and returns ..earlier he asked him why he wanted to gun fight him, -- guy says got to make a living .. when he walks back in josey says --your back --guys says ..I had to come back ..josey ..yah I know...boom
You took mine! OK, I'll have to go with, " Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?" The outlaw Josey Wales.

Dorothy to the wizard... "You are a very bad man Mr. Wizard !

Wizard to Dorothy... "On the contrary, I am a very good man, Just a very bad wizard."

And...

6d44d76fc2d678699fe2b1d2b2952d96.jpg

Lady whore says...."You just kicked the S**T out of an innocent man" to Sheriff. Sheriff responds "Innocent of what"?

When you absolutely, positively have to kill every mofo in the room, AK-47 accept no substitute...d2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back