Tenderfoot
Apr 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• schnecke.jpg
    schnecke.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 124
OY that watch has been gone for a while now. Several computers ago. If you google patek ref 1579 rose gold you will get a picture quicker than I can go back and find it. I bought this watch off of a guys arm at Whittier Drug at Comstock and Hadley. It had a $3 Stainless steel Spidel twistoflex band on it. It was worth 10K when I bought it for a thousand. (He came up with the price) I kept the watch for at least 15 years. In that time I wore the watch twice. (I have over 350 notable timepieces, I have been collecting watches since I was 10) When I bought the watch I showed to a serious Patek collector in LA Named Alex. He hounded me for the watch for that entire 15 years. I had a very bad experience selling a watch when I was 18 years old also a Patek ( Split second one button chrono Bought $6,800 sold at 12,600 Today 1.6 Million$$$$) so I really don't sell my collection pieces. Although Patek is hands down the finest watch in the world (I own 4 of them) I really like old Rolexes and Alex had a Steve McQueen that I wanted almost as bad as he wanted this watch. It was New Old stock with Box and Papers was Never worn! He offered me 57K Cash and the watch. I took it. THe Steve McQueen is now worth at least 45K and the Patek of course trades in the high 80's now conservatively.

Hope I haven't bored you and everyone else out of their skulls but that is the story.

Cheers All
No you haven't. I still hunt everywhere can for time pieces I go on the road. I sold off the best of what I had starting with ebay in the 90's. I've even found vintage 1970's vintage LCD's I pick up can at times sell in the $300 range.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry for the wrong spelling... ;-) So friends of mine send me that picture, they´re in cambodia now, and they send that as a riddle, and the prize would be a little surprise from their holiday :-) As I had no idea, and visited this website, then found the topic "What is it?", i thought anybody could help me with it. And Charly P. did. Thank you all, and greetings from Germany, :hello2:

Upvote 0
Thank you, Charly P., I´m quite sure, you´re right. ! And I named the photo "Schnecke- snail" cause I had no other idea what i might be. - Thanks everybody for your guesses and quick help, Greetings from Germany, Brigitte:icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
You definitely came to the right place. Charlie P.nailed it. And thank you Brigitte for answering all of my questions regarding the reasons for your post.

Upvote 0
No you haven't. I still hunt everywhere can for time pieces I go on the road. I sold off the best of what I had starting with ebay in the 90's. I've even found vintage 1970's vintage LCD's I pick up can at times sell in the $300 range.

I also pick and sell anything I can get my hands on that I do not collect. Definitely a Treasure hunter from birth :)

Upvote 0
how the hell did you do that?

I figured it was plant from the pattern - not spiral but opposing layers. Palms and ferns grow in opposing & overlapping compound "leaves" and ferns no longer get anywhere near that size - so I started Googling "Palm Cross Section" and switched to "Images". Came right up.

Giving up my good secrets here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back