Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• schnecke.jpg
    schnecke.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 124
Grinder of some sort ?

What is it made of ?
And more pics... like of sides etc please.

Upvote 0
Sorry, i have only this one picture, a friend send it to me, i have to find out and have no idea...:-)

Upvote 0
No problem... and until that time... maybe someone here will recognize/identify it before then.

Upvote 0
Anyone tired of the friend sent it to me posts? Please only post the things that are yours

Upvote 0
Looks like a conch shell that was cut then filled with resin

Upvote 0
Looks like it's made of a opalescent milk glass to me. It's weird what ever it is? Show some other angles of it.

Upvote 0
Anyone tired of the friend sent it to me posts? Please only post the things that are yours
Trdking it violates no rules and some members enjoy seeing a find no matter who found it. Just like TV, don't like what's on, change the channel.

Upvote 0
Looks like it's made of a opalescent milk glass to me. It's weird what ever it is? Show some other angles of it.
- sorry, but i only have zhis one picture! :-) greetings, brigitte

Upvote 0
You're right. Bad hair day
I want a see a picture of that Patek Philippe, even if it ain't yours anymore.:thumbsup: Did you save any pictures of it? I'll be okay with you posting those.

Upvote 0
OY that watch has been gone for a while now. Several computers ago. If you google patek ref 1579 rose gold you will get a picture quicker than I can go back and find it. I bought this watch off of a guys arm at Whittier Drug at Comstock and Hadley. It had a $3 Stainless steel Spidel twistoflex band on it. It was worth 10K when I bought it for a thousand. (He came up with the price) I kept the watch for at least 15 years. In that time I wore the watch twice. (I have over 350 notable timepieces, I have been collecting watches since I was 10) When I bought the watch I showed to a serious Patek collector in LA Named Alex. He hounded me for the watch for that entire 15 years. I had a very bad experience selling a watch when I was 18 years old also a Patek ( Split second one button chrono Bought $6,800 sold at 12,600 Today 1.6 Million$$$$) so I really don't sell my collection pieces. Although Patek is hands down the finest watch in the world (I own 4 of them) I really like old Rolexes and Alex had a Steve McQueen that I wanted almost as bad as he wanted this watch. It was New Old stock with Box and Papers was Never worn! He offered me 57K Cash and the watch. I took it. THe Steve McQueen is now worth at least 45K and the Patek of course trades in the high 80's now conservatively.

Hope I haven't bored you and everyone else out of their skulls but that is the story.

Cheers All

Upvote 0

I know you got talked to about this post, but it is a weird trend lately. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but it has been coming up a lot.

Brainbow - WELCOME TO TREASURE NET!

You posted:

Sorry, i have only this one picture, a friend send it to me, i have to find out and have no idea...:-)

Why do you have to find out? Are you playing a game of some sort? Is your friend testing your knowledge? Presenting this as a riddle? A little more information might help.

If you are just trying to be nice and help your friend out you would do well to ask for additional pictures. Thanks!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The banana palm certainly seems to be a match, but oddly, the picture that was originally posted was named schnecke, which is apparently a snail, slug, or rolled pastry.

Upvote 0
Guess!?! Harumph. :laughing7: I put question marks at the end of my guesses or say "maybe" or "possibly". ;-)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back