Vintage White Goldmaster model 64TR

D8aPro

Jun 30, 2024
I have a vintage White Goldmaster that I picked up from a local flea market. It has the old 'steampunk' round meter about 2 inches in diameter. The metal detector works perfectly. I also picked up a newer larger about 4" meter off of eBay. I am considering changeing the meter from the old one to the newer larger meter. Will this destroy the actual value of the vintage detector? I would really like to have the larger meter, but not at the expense of making the original worth a lot less. Thank you

I have a vintage White Goldmaster that I picked up from a local flea market. It has the old 'steampunk' round meter about 2 inches in diameter. The metal detector works perfectly. I also picked up a newer larger about 4" meter off of eBay. I am considering changeing the meter from the old one to the newer larger meter. Will this destroy the actual value of the vintage detector? I would really like to have the larger meter, but not at the expense of making the original worth a lot less. Thank you
I recall them having a big square red meter.
Can you post up a photo of yours please.

I recall them having a big square red meter.
Can you post up a photo of yours please.
The Grandaddy Goldmaster.
DSC_0097.jpg

Later version looked like the weight was 5 lbs 4 oz.

Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 7.27.20 AM.png

I love the description of tuning in the GoldMaster #8 to #10 of the manual.
Motorboating sound slows to a slow beat.:laughing7:

Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 7.12.50 AM.png

Just for 💩s & grins, I looked up when the GoldMaster came out. Google says late 80s/early 90s, so lets say 1990. Price then (from above) was ~$270 (USD), which would be (again, according to google) ~$625 in today's pazoozas.

OK, here is a picture of the unit I just picked up. Also a picture of the larger meter I bought on eBay. It looks like replacing the meter with the larger one is a 'one way' modification. I think I will need to nibble the front metal to fit the new meter. This is why I am asking.

So my question is: Should I replce the older, smaller meter with the newer, larger one? Or will this destroy any vintage value to the original detector I would really like to have the larger meter if and when I use it.

Oh, also the unit weights 5.5 lbs. with batteries.

Are these any good? Should I just buy a newer unit?

Thank you to the person that posted their picture of this model. Yours is a lot cleaner, but as I said, the unit I have is fully functional. It's going to get dirty anyway...

Attachments

• White 64TR.JPG
    White 64TR.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 5
  • White Meter.JPG
    White Meter.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 5
OK, here is a picture of the unit I just picked up. Also a picture of the larger meter I bought on eBay. It looks like replacing the meter with the larger one is a 'one way' modification. I think I will need to nibble the front metal to fit the new meter. This is why I am asking.

So my question is: Should I replce the older, smaller meter with the newer, larger one? Or will this destroy any vintage value to the original detector I would really like to have the larger meter if and when I use it.

Oh, also the unit weights 5.5 lbs. with batteries.

Are these any good? Should I just buy a newer unit?

Thank you to the person that posted their picture of this model. Yours is a lot cleaner, but as I said, the unit I have is fully functional. It's going to get dirty anyway...
Very nice clean unit. You just don't see em like that everyday. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back