Vintage White Goldmaster model 64TR

D8aPro

Jun 30, 2024
I have a vintage White Goldmaster that I picked up from a local flea market. It has the old 'steampunk' round meter about 2 inches in diameter. The metal detector works perfectly. I also picked up a newer larger about 4" meter off of eBay. I am considering changeing the meter from the old one to the newer larger meter. Will this destroy the actual value of the vintage detector? I would really like to have the larger meter, but not at the expense of making the original worth a lot less. Thank you

I have a vintage White Goldmaster that I picked up from a local flea market. It has the old 'steampunk' round meter about 2 inches in diameter. The metal detector works perfectly. I also picked up a newer larger about 4" meter off of eBay. I am considering changeing the meter from the old one to the newer larger meter. Will this destroy the actual value of the vintage detector? I would really like to have the larger meter, but not at the expense of making the original worth a lot less. Thank you
I recall them having a big square red meter.
Can you post up a photo of yours please.

I recall them having a big square red meter.
Can you post up a photo of yours please.
The Grandaddy Goldmaster.
DSC_0097.jpg

Later version looked like the weight was 5 lbs 4 oz.

Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 7.27.20 AM.png

I love the description of tuning in the GoldMaster #8 to #10 of the manual.
Motorboating sound slows to a slow beat.:laughing7:

Screen Shot 2024-07-01 at 7.12.50 AM.png

Just for 💩s & grins, I looked up when the GoldMaster came out. Google says late 80s/early 90s, so lets say 1990. Price then (from above) was ~$270 (USD), which would be (again, according to google) ~$625 in today's pazoozas.

OK, here is a picture of the unit I just picked up. Also a picture of the larger meter I bought on eBay. It looks like replacing the meter with the larger one is a 'one way' modification. I think I will need to nibble the front metal to fit the new meter. This is why I am asking.

So my question is: Should I replce the older, smaller meter with the newer, larger one? Or will this destroy any vintage value to the original detector I would really like to have the larger meter if and when I use it.

Oh, also the unit weights 5.5 lbs. with batteries.

Are these any good? Should I just buy a newer unit?

Thank you to the person that posted their picture of this model. Yours is a lot cleaner, but as I said, the unit I have is fully functional. It's going to get dirty anyway...

Attachments

• White 64TR.JPG
    White 64TR.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 9
  • White Meter.JPG
    White Meter.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 9
OK, here is a picture of the unit I just picked up. Also a picture of the larger meter I bought on eBay. It looks like replacing the meter with the larger one is a 'one way' modification. I think I will need to nibble the front metal to fit the new meter. This is why I am asking.

So my question is: Should I replce the older, smaller meter with the newer, larger one? Or will this destroy any vintage value to the original detector I would really like to have the larger meter if and when I use it.

Oh, also the unit weights 5.5 lbs. with batteries.

Are these any good? Should I just buy a newer unit?

Thank you to the person that posted their picture of this model. Yours is a lot cleaner, but as I said, the unit I have is fully functional. It's going to get dirty anyway...
Very nice clean unit. You just don't see em like that everyday. Congrats.

I would leave it alone. It's not a detector you want to hunt with, it's mostly a wall-hangar and in that respect it's in really nice condition. Also, meters differ, so that big meter may not even work with the detector.

Just for 💩s & grins, I looked up when the GoldMaster came out. Google says late 80s/early 90s, so lets say 1990. Price then (from above) was ~$270 (USD), which would be (again, according to google) ~$625 in today's pazoozas.
The family had the Goldmaster pre 1970 so I guess they're wrong.
Dad traded his hunting rifle, and $150.00.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back