Thousands of Soldiers Swear to Keep Oath that Obama Breaks

All the gun bills the left is trying to force through congress is just a figment of our imagination too.:banghead:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

86% of americans were in favor of the Bill the Senate defeated last week. That is according to the latest poll before that Bill was voted upon. That is the CNN/ORC poll. That poll is roughly in line with all other national polls taken in the past three months that show that , roughly 9 out of 10 americans favor some sort of gun control.

What you are seeing in Washington DC with all the new proposed legislation is our constitution at work. Registered representatives of the people doing the work needed to satify the demands of the american people they were elected to represent. You should celebrate that fact!!!Instead you fear it.

Take out the Fire Arms Bills that are off point of restricting our access to guns the Bills before congress right now and the ones that will never make it out of committee are roughly equally sponsored across both parties. So, no left push through congress. Both left and right are at the table.

The left, as you call them, is a minority in congress. There is no way for them to push anything anywhere.

While i won't comment on figments of imagination running wild, common sense tells us minorities can't do anything without support from the majority. IOW, you've got no worries.

You bang your head needlessly.

The government will never confiscate our weapons.....well, unless you live in New Orleans and a hurricane happens by. And that was under a Republican president. All they need is some kind of nationwide "emergency" to give them the excuse they need.

TH, I wish you were kidding with this. Pledging allegiance to the President is 'Part of" the military oath. There is no before or after. It is one oath.

The Oath keepers - another anti government wing nut group of malcontents. Have you checked the finances of this group? it's a non profit. But of course that doesn't mean noone profits.

Do you really think the the president is going to order the military to take your guns?

BTW, the last and most serious abuse of presidential power was the Saturday Night Massacre. So dubbed when two high ranking officials of the justice department resigned instead of following a presidential order they believed to be an abuse of power. Of course that president found a lacky to do his bidding. Fortunately for this country, it didn't stand.

Now Native Floridian, when I did my time in the military, I did not pledge allegiance to the president, whoever he was. My pledge was to the United States of America!

Rosie.jpg

86% of the Americans polled favored the Bill I question, that does not mean that 86% of Americans did. Anybody can take a poll, depending on the chosen sample, the wording of the questions and how those questions are asked, will give you whatever results you desire. If the polls are so important, why do all elected officials ignore them during elections and only give them weight when they benefit one of their causes.

Both the left and the right have their polls, and those polls give them the fuel they need to argue their agendas. It is the duty of the voter's in our free society to sort though the chaff thrown into the air, and make up our own minds, and make our personal decisions accordingly... The Founding Father's gave us a Constitution and a Bill Of Right to live by, not change and adapt as we see fit.

The military oath taken at the time of induction reads:

"I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God"

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809[890].ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the "lawful command of his superior officer," 891.ART.91 (2), the "lawful order of a warrant officer", 892.ART.92 (1) the "lawful general order", 892.ART.92 (2) "lawful order". In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.

QUOTE=Native Floridian;3329526]86% of americans were in favor of the Bill the Senate defeated last week. [/QUOTE]

I note you said the poll source was CNN/ORC. Now aren't they the most conservative news figment of you imagination you've ever seen.

Last edited:
I tried to find an oath takers poll but couldn't find one!!! LOL!!!!

When polls agree they can be taken seriously.

Regardless, while you guys worry needlessly about gun control I worry about things that can really happen. Like our elected representatives voting against the will of 90% of their constituents. How did that happen?

Madison's nightmare of factions in action.

Here in Montana, as much as I dislike our Sen. Max Baucus, he did the right thing in voting down the bill. He listened to his Montana constituents and possibly even stood on principal, knowing that extending background checks are a stupid idea.

I tried to find an oath takers poll but couldn't find one!!! LOL!!!!

When polls agree they can be taken seriously.

Regardless, while you guys worry needlessly about gun control I worry about things that can really happen. Like our elected representatives voting against the will of 90% of their constituents. How did that happen?

Madison's nightmare of factions in action.

Easy like everything else he says obama lying about the 90%....Guess your buying it though...

Obamacare wasn't going to cause rates to go up...lie

Taxes for middle America not go up....lie

Libya attack due to video...lie

On and on...

Last edited:
The military oath taken at the time of induction reads:

"I,____________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God"

The Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) 809[890].ART.90 (20), makes it clear that military personnel need to obey the "lawful command of his superior officer," 891.ART.91 (2), the "lawful order of a warrant officer", 892.ART.92 (1) the "lawful general order", 892.ART.92 (2) "lawful order". In each case, military personnel have an obligation and a duty to only obey Lawful orders and indeed have an obligation to disobey Unlawful orders, including orders by the president that do not comply with the UCMJ. The moral and legal obligation is to the U.S. Constitution and not to those who would issue unlawful orders, especially if those orders are in direct violation of the Constitution and the UCMJ.

Thank you for posting the oath and UCMJ so some can read.

We swear no oath but to the constitution, I would never swear an oath of allegiance to any President rep or dem, that is what subjects do, not free men...

Thank you for posting the oath and UCMJ so some can read.

We swear no oath but to the constitution, I would never swear an oath of allegiance to any President rep or dem, that is what subjects do, not free men...

Your welcome. I proudly repeated that oath on August 1, 1985 when joining the USAF. It's good to know that there are those in the military now who would not obey an unlawful order that was in violation of our Constitution, whether from their direct superior or the president or anyone in between.

You are wasting your time. MANY have been trying to tell them "no one is trying to take away your guns". Makes no difference.

You are wasting your time because only the ultra liberals are saying this to the public.

When they are behind closed doors they say something else!

Too bad there is no internet where you are! You could look into some of this.

But here is one for you! Like it or not, you don't have to look at this, you could go to You tube if you really wanted to wake up.
'Turn 'Em All In': Feinstein Said She Wanted All Guns Banned

Obama has stated on more than a few ocassions that he would like to see all guns banned...

In 1996 when he said he favored banning handguns, and in 2007 and 2008 when he said that he thought the Washington, D.C., handgun ban was constitutional? That he meant what he said in 1999 when he proposed shutting down every gun store in the inhabited portion of the United States—via a federal law that would ban all gun stores within five miles of a school or park?

He has never retracted his 1998 answer to a questionnaire in which he said he wants to ban the “sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.” Nor has he retracted his proposal for a 500 percent increase in the federal tax on firearms and ammunition. Obama’s 2012 Democratic Party platform calls for a ban on so-called “assault weapons.” As an Illinois state senator, Obama voted for an “assault weapons” ban so extreme that it would even have outlawed shotguns of 28 gauge and larger (Senate Bill 1195 of 2003).

Obama has stated on more than a few ocassions that he would like to see all guns banned...

In 1996 when he said he favored banning handguns, and in 2007 and 2008 when he said that he thought the Washington, D.C., handgun ban was constitutional? That he meant what he said in 1999 when he proposed shutting down every gun store in the inhabited portion of the United States—via a federal law that would ban all gun stores within five miles of a school or park?

He has never retracted his 1998 answer to a questionnaire in which he said he wants to ban the “sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.” Nor has he retracted his proposal for a 500 percent increase in the federal tax on firearms and ammunition. Obama’s 2012 Democratic Party platform calls for a ban on so-called “assault weapons.” As an Illinois state senator, Obama voted for an “assault weapons” ban so extreme that it would even have outlawed shotguns of 28 gauge and larger (Senate Bill 1195 of 2003).
But the Libs say they have the market cornered on facts,, and we should always believe them. Hmm. I want to. But they always say different things to different groups, Now I am in a quandary!

Yes, this is something to fear, men and women swearing an oath that they will not trample on American citizens and their rights.......
[h=2]OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY[/h]
Click here to read full length version.
1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people
3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

You are wasting your time because only the ultra liberals are saying this to the public.

When they are behind closed doors they say something else!

Too bad there is no internet where you are! You could look into some of this.

But here is one for you! Like it or not, you don't have to look at this, you could go to You tube if you really wanted to wake up.
'Turn 'Em All In': Feinstein Said She Wanted All Guns Banned

Did you even bother to read your own article? It says that one person wanted to "ban all guns" in 1995.

Last I checked, it is 2013. I am talking about the here and now. I don't believe her current efforts to pass legislation were quite as extreme as to ban all guns...

Did you even bother to read your own article? It says that one person wanted to "ban all guns" in 1995.

Last I checked, it is 2013. I am talking about the here and now. I don't believe her current efforts to pass legislation were quite as extreme as to ban all guns...

Since you do not understand, I thought I would post another.

Another,, She wants to keep one for her own protection?

Then sir, you need to awaken from your hypnotic slumber. This is now! Will you beg for mercy when the illegal gun owners break down YOUR door. And there will be NO ONE left to protect you. Pity poor you...

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and WHO else can we think of to protect you? Feinstein? Jane Honda? Who?

I guess I won't be there either, did my time already. Now I am all about MY family, and not yours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back