THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Darn chinese replicators! The last is ridiculous, :icon_scratch:actually they all are!
Anywho the last one is an Aussie Nugget!
Now let me check my rule book........

Aaaah....here it is "......

And goodnight from me. Crap day but hey, gotta have a laugh signing off.

Luck ran out, its a disaster. Were told everything was done. Rubbish it is there are broken power points everywhere, leaking taps, filthy cupboards, you can see daylight between the carpet and skirting in the bedroom in one place.
Im telling them its breach of contract and my lease means nothing, there are that many code violations its a joke. Just 1 day, my misses in tears all night, and im going to be looking for elsewhere. We're gutted.
Sorry to hear that. Where can you go? You are welcome to come the states.

Morning/Afternoon all from Duke University Hospital/ Motel room. Three days of neurology test on his brain ...(Father-in-Law).... Up all night, swollen prostrate, small bladder, catheter etc. Stroke victim going on 16 months now. Getting old is tough on all family members. Not even sure where to go with this but it has me worried not having children.... Any advice
It's tough but you have gotten some good advice here. Apply the golden rule and all will eventually work out. Prayers all around.

Darn chinese replicators! The last is ridiculous, :icon_scratch:actually they all are!
Anywho the last one is an Aussie Nugget!
Now let me check my rule book........

Aaaah....here it is "......

And goodnight from me. Crap day but hey, gotta have a laugh signing off.

Luck ran out, its a disaster. Were told everything was done. Rubbish it is there are broken power points everywhere, leaking taps, filthy cupboards, you can see daylight between the carpet and skirting in the bedroom in one place.
Im telling them its breach of contract and my lease means nothing, there are that many code violations its a joke. Just 1 day, my misses in tears all night, and im going to be looking for elsewhere. We're gutted.
Sorry to hear that you got the bum steer.
Just sit and look upon my space.
It might help calm the inner fright.

20241016_184152.jpg

Morning/Afternoon all from Duke University Hospital/ Motel room. Three days of neurology test on his brain ...(Father-in-Law).... Up all night, swollen prostrate, small bladder, catheter etc. Stroke victim going on 16 months now. Getting old is tough on all family members. Not even sure where to go with this but it has me worried not having children.... Any advice
Not that it's any help to know this. Life has taught me. In this current world? Having children has nothing to do with anything.

I can only speak my own mind. But, suffice it to know that I came from a big family, made one as big. Grandkids, great grandkids....etc. And....I am as *alone* as the definition states.

Haven't seen nor heard from *ANY* of my so called family in *YEARS*!

They're all too busy making their *own* traditions!

My take? If everyone is about making their own traditions....there are *no* "traditions"!

They'll find me one day....lying next to that 50 dollar gold piece I had dug up. Then, they'll take the coin, shove me in a pot, and go about their tradition building. 🙄

TRUTH.

You have my sympathy, empathy and prayers. But having children? Nothing.

Last edited:
Nope. Have had damn near every brand of those they crap out quick!
Can openers made by yabbos.....
I use two very/highly well used Swing Aways.
Took one apart to clean and lube after a couple decades.
There are rebuild kits too for them.
(Real Swing away's might not be made anymore. )

With years of breeding dogs (came home from hospital on a walker with 36 dogs ?) plus many meals at home a lot of cans been opened.

Not that it's any help to know this. Life has taught me. In this current world? Having children has nothing to do with anything.

I can only speak my own mind. But, suffice it to know that I came from a big family, made one as big. Grandkids, great grandkids....etc. And....I am as *alone* as the definition states.

Haven't seen nor heard from *ANY* of my so called family in *YEARS*!

They're all too busy making their *own* traditions!

My take? If everyone is about making their own traditions....there are *no* "traditions"!

They'll find me one day....lying next to that 50 dollar gold piece I had dug up. Then, they'll take the coin, shove me in a pot, and go about their tradition building. 🙄

TRUTH.

You have my sympathy, empathy and prayers. But having children? Nothing.
Sad. Our elders have so much knowledge to give. They are responsible for US! I know for a fact that the time you spend with them... should be more!

It's tough but you have gotten some good advice here. Apply the golden rule and all will eventually work out. Prayers all around.
IMLLTHO.......NO. I practiced the golden rule my whole life. "....as I would want to be treated."?

Seems they get the gold and I get the treatment. Only good for what I can *do* ......for *them*!

Rant mode........... *off*.

Both bedrooms have gaps between the carpet and skirting boards so you can see daylight between them. One section.
IMG_20241017_081249157~2.jpg

The food cupboard with something growing in it.

IMG_20241016_224247088~2.jpg

Power points.
IMG_20241016_172008768~2.jpg

IMG_20241016_163431062~2.jpg

Light fitting wires hanging out of ceiling.
IMG_20241016_211924786~2.jpg

The shower.
IMG_20241016_163530697.jpg

Thats just some of it.

Sad. Our elders have so much knowledge to give. They are responsible for US! I know for a fact that the time you spend with them... should be more!
Some countries will arrest "children" who do nothing for their elders.

Both bedrooms have gaps between the carpet and skirting boards so you can see daylight between them. One section.
View attachment 2174387
The food cupboard with something growing in it.

View attachment 2174388
Power points.
View attachment 2174391
View attachment 2174393
Light fitting wires hanging out of ceiling.
View attachment 2174395
The shower.
View attachment 2174397
Thats just some of it.
I wouldn't be giving them any $$$.
I'd be asking for moving costs, on top.
That isn't right, it's down right disgusting 😕

Some countries will arrest "children" who do nothing for their elders.
They should arrest my sisters. In the last few yrs of my parents lives my wife and I visited them every weekend. Id do the maintenance stuff for them, the mowing, painted the mud bricks to seal them etc. They did nothing, never lifted a finger. Of course when they died they put on the biggest show and swarmed around their bedsides as they were passing. It sickened me to hear nurses say "what a lovely caring family".

Some wild storms hit some towns yesterday but we didn't see any.
This below was just 30km away apparently.

9eb5ff7b210f9ae692aba9d16ba5f535.jpg

Another from further afield.
93f275079e0269502b8eb69beca52049.jpg

One town had massive hail which they say damaged every car in town that was parked outside. Another as the storm came in from the west they reckon nearly every western facing window in town, houses and shops, were broken.
They were pretty wild looking storm cells.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back