Gold ring, silver earrings, lots of sinkers and pellets from the water, a merc and another IHP from the field

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAYS 1, 2, 3
We went camping with our daughter and family over the weekend. We went to a state park where I usually have good luck detecting in the water.

After we got set up I went down to the beach and spent 1 hour going over one of the beaches. I found a pair of earrings and a couple of coins. The area up close to the grass was loaded with tabs.

The next day while the family went to the pumpkin patch I spent 2.5 hours working the water on the center beach. I had my waders on and was planning on working the water just over knee deep. As I was working a ranger came along and told me I was in too deep. With the swim ropes out for the season there is no swimming and they don’t want people wadding out too far. He told me I was limited to boot top deep in my waders. That meant water about 14 to 15 inches deep. Bummer. The shallow water is not usually detected as heavily as the deeper water so there is more junk there. The goodies are fewer as well because less gets lost there.

In the afternoon my granddaughter joined me and used my other ATpro. She is a college freshman now. She didn’t want to do the water so she concentrated on the beach. She didn’t find a lot because it still takes her a lot of effort to recover the targets but she had fun and that’s what counts. On Sunday morning after they left I spent 2 hours covering part of the water in one of the 3 swimming areas. It is funny how the targets work out. In one area I found tons of pellets and sinkers and the gold ring. In another area very few target, no pellets and very few sinker, but all the silver earrings.

Altogether over the 3 days I spent 8 hours swingin the ATPro and found 13 coins with a face value of $1.09, selfie stick retainers, a wide assortment of jewelry (not nearly as much as I usually find in the deeper water), a Peruvian 2 soles coin, part of a fishing lure, 61 pellet gun pellets, 38 sinkers, aluminum foil and 12 tabs.

DSCN3556.jpeg

I did get lucky and found some goodies. The ring is 14k and was down about 12 inches in the harder lower level sand I don’t usually get into. It was a nice constant 42 on the pro which is aluminum foil 98% of the time. I kept scratching away and scooping until it was out of the hole. When I got it in the sifter I was pleasantly surprised. It is a very small size and cardstock thin which explains why it rang up like foil. The silver earrings all have czs in them and the 3 stud earrings were weak signals that would have been easy to miss if I had been moving quickly.

DSCN3558.jpeg

DSCN3557.jpeg

My granddaughter spent 2.5 hours with the ATPro and here are her finds minus a few tabs and pieces of foil. The toy cars are a first for her which she seemed pleased about.

IMG_9225.jpeg

DAY 4
We are getting ready to make our usual fall trip to the beach so I didn’t have a lot of time, but I did make a short trip back to my field of dreams, the small little used ball field. (Goodies on every trip). Fall is here and the day was drizzley, cloudy and cold, mid 40s.

I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and I got lucky again. It was a low target area with fewer coins than normal. I did manage to find 18 coins with a face value of $1.49, a zippo lighter down about 6 inches, an IHP, a silver dime, 2 round balls, a mangled ring, a fishing lure, a pin, part of a brass cartridge, 2 mushroomed bullets, a small keyhole plate, 2 copper rivets, a railroad penny, an aluminum bag closer, some can slaw, a bottle cap, foil and 37 tabs.

DSCN3559.jpeg

5 hunts on this field and every one had an Indian head penny. This one is in the usual bad condition and is an 1897. The Mercury dime is only the second silver from this field. It was down in the clay and the clay has been hard to remove completely. It is a 1943 and it is in great condition. All the details are crisp. I will use the ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to see if the clay will come off and save this beauty.

DSCN3561.jpeg

DSCN3566.jpeg

The round balls are oldies. You can’t date round balls exactly, but these have a nice coat of oxidation which shows age and they have a cut off sprue that shows they were hand molded. One is a .30 caliber and the other is a .50 caliber.

DSCN3560.jpeg

The little ring has a stone and is badly mangled. It looks like it was an adjustable kiddy type ring. The style makes me believe it is a pretty old one.

DSCN3563.jpeg

DSCN3564.jpeg

The pin is a PUBLIC SCHOOLS STATE OF MARYLAND TEST pin. I have found several of these in the past. The piece of a cartridge is a rimfire with a U headstamp. It was made by the Union Metallic Cartridge Company and the headstamp was used from 1873 to 1911 on all their cartridges and on rimfire cartridges for years after that.

DSCN3562.jpeg

NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a Bermuda dime, a Canadian dime and a penny in the coinstar machine and 3 coins walking around.

DSCN3568.jpeg

Another good week with silver, gold and oldies. The old man is still having some luck with his swingin. Hopefully the beach will have some goodies hiding in my special hunting spots. With luck I will hit Bethany, Rehoboth and Ocean City. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Attachments

• DSCN3567.jpeg
    DSCN3567.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 2
Great job
Congratulations on your success
You are having a wonderful year
Thanks for posting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back