THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

1728792410357.png

Moles like grubs and worms. Without which they don't really set up shop beyond exploring , bedding/denning under cover like a concrete slab or stump.
Tunnels are run out and checked after for edible traffic in them. Of course they can be made to acquire prey/food . But the ones reused over and over are for a reason. As opposed to one and done travels.

Fancy scissor type mole traps aren't cheap. And vs my lawnmower not too durable.

Voles might gnaw some tubers. They are the culprits when brown paths show on lawns inspiring from thier travels.
They like to run under mulchy like thatch.
Voles to are the culprits leaving low girdled bark on delicate fruit tree saplings in winter. under snow work. Window screening covered by hardware cloth can deter them .
Rabbit stripped bark is snow level or above. (Looking much more above ground of course when snow is gone.)

You got homegrown taters though! Way ahead of me.
Ok is it a mole or vole.
All I know it's a goner.

20241012_143355.jpg

Danged heron you have visit needs to up it's game.
Saw the big hawk in the garden yesterday.
Heron is for the chipmunks.
Only a couple of them running around.
Too many squirrels this year.
And Voles
Less Japanese Beetles.
Crazy amount of oak acorns.

Saw the big hawk in the garden yesterday.
Heron is for the chipmunks.
Only a couple of them running around.
Too many squirrels this year.
And Voles
Less Japanese Beetles.
Crazy amount of oak acorns.
Seeing mouse tracks near bird feeder. Had one in the grill a while back I nulled. It was hiding seed in there.

Acorn crop years are scarce. Some this year though. One hit the steel roof when I was in the pole barn and I was wide awake.

Years with a decent crop we get a flush of white footed deer mice/house mice.
Hear acorns on the ceiling then have to get the ladder.
1728803416335.png

Seeing mouse tracks near bird feeder. Had one in the grill a while back I nulled. It was hiding seed in there.

Acorn crop years are scarce. Some this year though. One hit the steel roof when I was in the pole barn and I was wide awake.

View attachment 2173663
That’s surely not your picture RC is it 🤔….!! xx 😆

View attachment 2173663
Driving the side by side back yesterday evening when the popsicle in the spokes sound started.
Probably an acorn hitting the fan in the heating system.
Today's job of trying to take the system apart.

Morning everyone :hello: :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions

Back