THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I dont have the energy... and sure as shit dont know how to get phone picture to THIS place.
Oh come on what a lame excuse.
So lame it limps lame. Geez

Ok you luddite
Click on attach files bottom left with the paperclip.

Screenshot_20240927_172717_Android System.jpg

Then your 3 choice menu pops up.
The top you can find a picture or file in recent.

Screenshot_20240927_172932_Files.jpg

The next one can be this.

Screenshot_20240927_173113_Gallery.jpg

Or the other selection.

Screenshot_20240927_173039_Gallery.jpg

That's really clever.
I've watched bees and hornets repeatedly around the house and located nests that way. No honey bees though.

One old account had a guy feeding them honey on/in a small wood box. Maybe the lid was loose and put on after a bee started feeding
Flour (i think flour?) was in there too and when shook gently the bee was more visible as it left.

What really matters though with or without a "box" is that when a worker bee is loaded , it heads straight for the hive.
So where the watcher loses sight of a bee they were watching leave , is where the pursuit begins from all over again.
When more are sighted "lining out" along a being watched loaded bee's route...You're getting closer.

Honey bees were not native to the U.S.A.
But they stayed a step ahead of the Westward migration of settlements. not far obviously , but some natives allegedly called them "white mans flies."

I've watched bees and hornets repeatedly around the house and located nests that way. No honey bees though.

One old account had a guy feeding them honey on/in a small wood box. Maybe the lid was loose and put on after a bee started feeding
Flour (i think flour?) was in there too and when shook gently the bee was more visible as it left.

What really matters though with or without a "box" is that when a worker bee is loaded , it heads straight for the hive.
So where the watcher loses sight of a bee they were watching leave , is where the pursuit begins from all over again.
When more are sighted "lining out" along a being watched loaded bee's route...You're getting closer.

Honey bees were not native to the U.S.A.
But they stayed a step ahead of the Westward migration of settlements. not far obviously , but some natives allegedly called them "white mans flies."

I use the weed eater or walk right in to yellow jacket nests!!:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back