THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

International Talk Like a Pirate Day is a parodic holiday created in 1995 by John Baur and Mark Summers of Albany, Oregon, who proclaimed September 19 each year as the day when everyone in the world should talk like a pirate (that is, in English with a stereotypical West Country accent) It has since been adopted by the Pastafarianism movement.
There used to be a guy in Castlemaine Victoria near us that dressed like a pirate every day and only spoke like a pirate all the time. He had a plastic sword.
:icon_scratch: I don't think he was all there.

They used to sing p......... kind of songs. Was always some message in them. He then became a p............ He didn't walk the walk when he became one. :laughing7:
Yeh there are a lot of "messages" I always wondered about midnight oil seemed a bit strange but musicians you know... And Australians... I liked crocodile dundee ... and Olivia newton john.

laughing11.gif

laughing11.gif

stone-cold what.gif

There used to be a guy in Castlemaine Victoria near us that dressed like a pirate every day and only spoke like a pirate all the time. He had a plastic sword.
:icon_scratch: I don't think he was all there.
Did you ask him... where's the treasure pirate boy!! ;D :laughing7:

AC/DC kicks ass.... even if they weren't from Australia! :headbang: The wiggles? ohhhh I'm not sure 'bout them....:nono:
Yeah they all I think came to oz with their families as kids. Theirs was the generation where a lot of people immigrated here from the UK. Is where the term here came from 10 pound poms. 10 pounds to get into Oz.
I liked them with Bon Scott, I couldn't take to them with the singer that replaced him. There's a good doco on Bon, quite interesting to watch.

That was an interesting watch, thanks for sharing it. Riff Raff and It's a Long Way to the Top are two of the best songs ever.
Your welcome and welcome aboard too.
Long way to the top with the bagpipes is awesome. Never get tired of hearing that one. Great story with it too.

"While AC/DC were at Albert Studios in Sydney working on the TNT album in 1975, co-producer George Young suggested that an extended jam, which he was set to trim down to 5 minutes and 02 seconds, needed bagpipes to give it a zing.
Bon Scott mouthed off that he’d been in a piper band in his younger days and could do the job.
“So we let Bon put his mouth where his mouth was,” Angus chuckled to this writer.
Bon popped out and bought one for $479 ($2,613 in today’s money) – a lot of dosh for a penniless band… and even more so when it turned out that while Scott had been in a pipe band, it was as a drummer.
Malcolm Young recounted the recording in Billboard:
“Bon actually could play flute, not bagpipes. So he played the melody, and then we did the drones separate and put it on and it sounded fantastic.”
On the recording, the pipes were played by band piper Charlie Williams.
ABC-TV’s Countdown’s director Paul Drane made the clip, featuring the band on a flatbed truck driving up Melbourne’s Swanston Street on February 23, 1976.
Total cost: $200 ($1,051.55 today). By 2010, it had 7 million YouTube views.
Joining them were Les Kenfield, Kevin Conlon and Alan Butterworth of the Rats of Tobruk Pipe Band.
Scott had contacted them for lessons. He was told it would take 12 months to play a tune, but they’d give enough lessons to bluff his way through.
Before the shoot, the pipers were nervous, so Bon took them to a pub for some fortifying shots.
Afterwards, they were invited to AC/DC’s hotel for lunch, and then spent the afternoon in Bon’s room playing traditional Scottish tunes."

So. Rain forecast for today. Been annoying with house sales inspections messing up plans and they are all good days, then rain or gale force winds when nobody coming. Went out.
A place called Wehla. Some drizzle going there but sucked it up, we needed to get a break. Someone in the district has been doing bush art, here's two, a Rolling Stones tree and a Sea Monster. I missed the crocodile one, ill get it next time.
IMG_20240920_134538785_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240920_135048292~2.jpg

So there in Wehla here is the Prince of Wales open cut reef.
IMG_20240920_132734230~2.jpg

We got to detect for relics for just 25 minutes before the rain set in and had to leave. Was fun though. Few things of interest and a good finds scoop someone lost.

IMG_20240920_145553576_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240920_145624256~2.jpg

Better than sitting at home 👍

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC
Back