THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

International Talk Like a Pirate Day is a parodic holiday created in 1995 by John Baur and Mark Summers of Albany, Oregon, who proclaimed September 19 each year as the day when everyone in the world should talk like a pirate (that is, in English with a stereotypical West Country accent) It has since been adopted by the Pastafarianism movement.
There used to be a guy in Castlemaine Victoria near us that dressed like a pirate every day and only spoke like a pirate all the time. He had a plastic sword.
:icon_scratch: I don't think he was all there.

They used to sing p......... kind of songs. Was always some message in them. He then became a p............ He didn't walk the walk when he became one. :laughing7:
Yeh there are a lot of "messages" I always wondered about midnight oil seemed a bit strange but musicians you know... And Australians... I liked crocodile dundee ... and Olivia newton john.

laughing11.gif

laughing11.gif

stone-cold what.gif

There used to be a guy in Castlemaine Victoria near us that dressed like a pirate every day and only spoke like a pirate all the time. He had a plastic sword.
:icon_scratch: I don't think he was all there.
Did you ask him... where's the treasure pirate boy!! ;D :laughing7:

AC/DC kicks ass.... even if they weren't from Australia! :headbang: The wiggles? ohhhh I'm not sure 'bout them....:nono:
Yeah they all I think came to oz with their families as kids. Theirs was the generation where a lot of people immigrated here from the UK. Is where the term here came from 10 pound poms. 10 pounds to get into Oz.
I liked them with Bon Scott, I couldn't take to them with the singer that replaced him. There's a good doco on Bon, quite interesting to watch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back