THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Evening all, back from another work trip!! They call them Engagement days… i call them hell 🙄… today we had to share how we ensure we plan our days, and ensure we have regular breaks… i of course told them about Mr Woo and his demands for attention… (cooing and head bobbing)…well i only went and won first prize for the most unusual break time….

Now what may u ask was the prize…. A flippin tomato shaped timer 🤔🙄… yay!!!

Hope u have all had a better day 😂 xx

So glad ur back home Peps, that makes me very happy xx 💕
You can use it on the dash for breaks and lunch.
No sluffing off.
The tomato is ticking.
Happy to hear you're still allowed a 🍅 ⏲️ in England.

a few miles up the Chetco river.

chetco and mt emily.jpg

Evening all, back from another work trip!! They call them Engagement days… i call them hell 🙄… today we had to share how we ensure we plan our days, and ensure we have regular breaks… i of course told them about Mr Woo and his demands for attention… (cooing and head bobbing)…well i only went and won first prize for the most unusual break time….

Wait......Ensure you have regular breaks? Are you so busy you forget? :icon_scratch: And Mr. woo.... Don't they evaluate his work ethic? :dontknow: He is at work with you? Or on your break you go home to check on him? :walk:
What??:laughing7:
If you work from home some of it would make sense.:icon_thumright:

What a day....I will never forget 911 for many reasons....most of all the obvious terrorist attack on the trade towers, but for me....even closer to home was hurricane Irma....years later on the same date !! Waking bolt upright at 2 AM to absolute silence!! After many hours of cat 4 hurricane winds, it was surreal to sit in the wreckage of my house in absolute silence.....occasionally a weekend tree brach, or part of a home would shift and fall shattering the silence 🔕 !! The faint scratching of land crabs 🦀 scurrying around my living room. Water dripping behind my wall from sheared pipes. But most of all....the silence of destruction and aftermath. I just remember crying for about 5 minutes in the broken bones of my home....the feeling was like having a friend badly injured in an accident 💔 only the friend was my home....injured and battered, but still proudly standing. The trauma sticks with us, and at the time I didn't know it would still be with me, and could easily be remembered if you want !! I will work alone in my wood shop in my own silence and reflection today !! I will try and remember the island how it was before Irma, and how far we've come since....along with the national tragedy of 911 !!
Sounds crazy. Friend of mine went through Cyclone Tracy in Darwin when he lived there as a teen. Said it totally flattened their house and everything around them. Scary stuff.

They don't call you team members do they. People used to be workers or employees, now team members. I alway make fun of them at shops when I need something and they say "hold on ill get a team member to help you" I ask them what they are playing. Oh man I hate that "thanks for reaching out" dribble. Im enquiring not reaching out like some needy helpless dweeb thank you! :laughing7:
I hate the new work language now thats used. I remember being at a training thing once and you had to each tell a story about how you'd do this and that. For crying out loud it was like being in primary school!
I felt like grabbing the "leader" and .....
Homer-Strangles-Bart-GIF-Simpsons-Family-Why-You-Little-Animated-GIF-Choking.gif

Enjoy your tomato. :icon_thumright:

Bollocks!

Is Jacob Marley's business partner your prize master then?

Fish are renewable; gold is in limited supply.
Besides... You can buy more fish with gold than you can buy gold with fish! 🤣
I go for the fish first if there's a good bite window, conditions are perfect. 👍
Good barometer, good wind direction, good cloud cover, recent water rise or flood.....
But I do like my fishing though 😀

I go for the fish first if there's a good bite window, conditions are perfect. 👍
Good barometer, good wind direction, good cloud cover, recent water rise or flood.....
But I do like my fishing though 😀
Catch fish, eat fish.
Belly happy then pan for gold.
Nothing is worse than having an empty belly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back