THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good evening my loveliesā€¦ well we have had quite the weekā€¦.. get comfyā€¦ itā€™s a doozy!

So David has a younger brother Paul, who is married to Samantha. David has just his mum left and her sister Joyce.

So on Monday Paul text David to say Aunt Joyce had died (she was 88) and that she wanted a cremation ā€¦ no service. Given that Paul and Sam had stollen Ā£32k from Davidā€™s mum, we were more than slightly sceptical.

So I rang the care home and was told Joyce had left instructions she wanted to be buried with her parents in the village she grew up inā€¦ hmmmā€¦. So I phoned Sam to explainā€¦ perhaps they didnā€™t knowā€¦. Sam was furious with me right off the batā€¦. Who did I think I was, she had been in the family for 35 yearsā€¦. Yada yada yadaā€¦. I kept cool and stated that if Joyce wanted to be buriedā€¦ thatā€™s what should happen.

Sam hung up on me, I was confusedā€¦..! Then Paul rang me same ā€¦ not thanks for letting us know of course thatā€™s what we will doā€¦ a normal responseā€¦. Well I lost it at that point and brought up the Ā£32k they had stollenā€¦. He had nothingā€¦ just blusterā€¦ being a good detective I had alll the facts and recorded both calls šŸ˜†

So on Wednesday I went to the Registery, registered the death, and Friday we went to the funeral home to arrange the burial, then cleared Joyceā€™s room in the care home, in the last place I checked, I found an old bank statementā€¦ so we were able to go to the bank to advise them. Surprise surprise Paul and Sam had already been in touch with them to close the accountā€¦ šŸ¤¬, but today we have spoken to the bank and they will transfer the balance in Joyceā€™s account to her Sisters account.

Now, to steal money from your mum is low, but to have someone cremated so you can steal their money is pretty horrific behaviour IMO.

To top things off on the way back from the bank I tripped over a kerb and smashed my ex broken leg into the concreteā€¦ šŸ˜« ā€¦. So didnā€™t get to go waddling with the furry ones as knee is swollen. Am hopefully that by tomorrow I can bend it enough to go detecting as I feel I need a little de compression time!

Sorry for the rant, but please please please make sure the people you care about are protected from any unscrupulous family membersā€¦.! Xx šŸ¤—

My condolences to you and David for your loss.

It isn't a good week dealing with a passing, then having to deal with the unscrupulous also.

Sorry to hear about the fall, really hope it feels better today and not hinder your decompression time digging in the fields.

Whatā€™s the name of this bug on my arm? Itā€™s bigger than usual. And itā€™s a yellow/green instead of black

Attachments

• IMG_4619.jpeg
    IMG_4619.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 15
Evening all xx hope you have all had a fab weekend xx delighted to say we got out in the fields today, David has one jobā€¦ to put the shovels in the truckā€¦ David forgot this morningā€¦so not only did I have to struggle to keep my balance on my bad knee, but also had to use my good foot to dig šŸ™„ I tell you that boy is evilā€¦.! Anyway we gave up and went got the shovels and headed to a field near the house and had a marvellous afternoon šŸ˜ feel so much better now!

Thanks for letting me rant a bit yesterday, honestly appreciate all your kind responses thank you xx šŸ¤— šŸ’•

Thread 'Sundays Treasures xx'
https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/sundays-treasures-xx.699436/

Good evening my loveliesā€¦ well we have had quite the weekā€¦.. get comfyā€¦ itā€™s a doozy!

So David has a younger brother Paul, who is married to Samantha. David has just his mum left and her sister Joyce.

So on Monday Paul text David to say Aunt Joyce had died (she was 88) and that she wanted a cremation ā€¦ no service. Given that Paul and Sam had stollen Ā£32k from Davidā€™s mum, we were more than slightly sceptical.

So I rang the care home and was told Joyce had left instructions she wanted to be buried with her parents in the village she grew up inā€¦ hmmmā€¦. So I phoned Sam to explainā€¦ perhaps they didnā€™t knowā€¦. Sam was furious with me right off the batā€¦. Who did I think I was, she had been in the family for 35 yearsā€¦. Yada yada yadaā€¦. I kept cool and stated that if Joyce wanted to be buriedā€¦ thatā€™s what should happen.

Sam hung up on me, I was confusedā€¦..! Then Paul rang me same ā€¦ not thanks for letting us know of course thatā€™s what we will doā€¦ a normal responseā€¦. Well I lost it at that point and brought up the Ā£32k they had stollenā€¦. He had nothingā€¦ just blusterā€¦ being a good detective I had alll the facts and recorded both calls šŸ˜†

So on Wednesday I went to the Registery, registered the death, and Friday we went to the funeral home to arrange the burial, then cleared Joyceā€™s room in the care home, in the last place I checked, I found an old bank statementā€¦ so we were able to go to the bank to advise them. Surprise surprise Paul and Sam had already been in touch with them to close the accountā€¦ šŸ¤¬, but today we have spoken to the bank and they will transfer the balance in Joyceā€™s account to her Sisters account.

Now, to steal money from your mum is low, but to have someone cremated so you can steal their money is pretty horrific behaviour IMO.

To top things off on the way back from the bank I tripped over a kerb and smashed my ex broken leg into the concreteā€¦ šŸ˜« ā€¦. So didnā€™t get to go waddling with the furry ones as knee is swollen. Am hopefully that by tomorrow I can bend it enough to go detecting as I feel I need a little de compression time!

Sorry for the rant, but please please please make sure the people you care about are protected from any unscrupulous family membersā€¦.! Xx šŸ¤—
Familyā€™s great arenā€™t they?

Whatā€™s the name of this bug on my arm? Itā€™s bigger than usual. And itā€™s a yellow/green instead of black
I think thatā€™s what they call a cicada, also what I was taught as a youngun as a locust

Eastern Scissors Grinder Cicada
Noisy when in numbers. Funny, once we stopped at the Avoca river for a picnic and there was obviously thousands in the gumtrees there. Noisy doesn't begin to describe it. But worse. My misses says "hey, you feel that like drizzle?".
I hold out my hand and yep I did. We bailed, it was cicadas in the thousands pee. Thankfully we hadn't opened up our lunch.
This from National Geographic on those where we were. The Red Eye Cicada
"In one summer season thousands of aptly named redeyes fill the trees; the next, theyā€™re gone. On hot days they spend large amounts of time sucking sap from eucalypt branches and spraying clear waste fluid (which can be felt as a light sprinkle ā€“ perplexing on a fine day)."

Noisy when in numbers. Funny, once we stopped at the Avoca river for a picnic and there was obviously thousands in the gumtrees there. Noisy doesn't begin to describe it. But worse. My misses says "hey, you feel that like drizzle?".
I hold out my hand and yep I did. We bailed, it was cicadas in the thousands pee. Thankfully we hadn't opened up our lunch.
This from National Geographic on those where we were. The Red Eye Cicada
"In one summer season thousands of aptly named redeyes fill the trees; the next, theyā€™re gone. On hot days they spend large amounts of time sucking sap from eucalypt branches and spraying clear waste fluid (which can be felt as a light sprinkle ā€“ perplexing on a fine day)."
I remember how loud they were in Arizona & Texas when it was hot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back