THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

[The colonists were stunned by their success. No one had actually believed either side would shoot to kill the other. Some advanced; many more retreated; and some went home to see to the safety of their homes and families. Colonel Barrett eventually began to recover control. He moved some of the militia back to the hilltop 300 yards (274 m) away and sent Major Buttrick with others across the bridge to a defensive position on a hill behind a stone wall.[86]

Lieutenant Colonel Smith heard the exchange of fire from his position in the town moments after he received the request for reinforcements from Laurie. He quickly assembled two companies of grenadiers to lead toward the North Bridge himself. As these troops marched, they met the shattered remnants of the three light infantry companies running towards them. Smith was concerned about the four companies that had been at Barrett's since their route to town was now unprotected. When he saw the Minutemen in the distance behind their wall, he halted his two companies and moved forward with only his officers to take a closer look. One of the Minutemen behind that wall observed, "If we had fired, I believe we could have killed almost every officer there was in the front, but we had no orders to fire and there wasn't a gun fired."[87] During a tense standoff lasting about 10 minutes, a mentally ill local man named Elias Brown wandered through both sides selling hard cider.[87]]

Fireworks illegal? No oroblem. Get out your guns! This is what John Adams wrote to his wife the day after the Declaration of Independence was signed:
IMG_5860.jpeg
IMG_5856.jpeg

Just doing a little bit of a break.
88F feels like 98F
Deer flies are crazy, been in the bush and the cloud of mosquitoes are crazy 🤪
But a little bit of luck so far.
Well back to the bush cellar hole.

20240704_141127.jpg
20240704_141455.jpg

Just doing a little bit of a break.
88F feels like 98F
Deer flies are crazy, been in the bush and the cloud of mosquitoes are crazy 🤪
But a little bit of luck so far.
Well back to the bush cellar hole.

View attachment 2157367View attachment 2157368
A non-regal George! And if not from Ireland....Where you from lil guy?

Awesome coins P.J.! Congrats.

Afternoon Pirates! Hope you are all enjoying your 4th of July 🇺🇸 🎉 xx

Action packed week here…😅 …. but can almost smell the weekend…. Mainly cos we are Basset Waddling on Saturday…. But the peas have been harvested… so new field to detect on Sunday 😎 xx
I can honestly say I have never been... and most likely never will be... Basset waddling!! :laughing7::icon_scratch:

The other day we stopped and got some fish and chips and ate them in the park.
Ducks came as fast as they could. I translated their quacks "We're having fish n chips, we're having fish n chips!"
IMG_20240702_130238619_HDR~2.jpg

No way I was giving them any of the best fish n chips in town.
"We're not getting any, no, we're not getting any. Some humans suck. Back to the lake guys"
IMG_20240702_130258761_HDR~2.jpg

Today's water hunt was a tad disappointing. Had to leave pretty early as Tahoe was getting swamped with tourists.
Maybe tomorrow will be a better hunt.

Attachments

• IMG_7305.jpg
    IMG_7305.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back