THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning all xx team call this am 🙄… ah the sweet joy of work!! Xx 🤗

IMG_3629.jpeg

Yesterday turned into a long day.
Got the tractor repaired as a tap & die for spindle and nut was needed after the threads got munched off a bit.
Replaced the large half moon keyway to lessen the slack, as the upper control arm was slipping on the shaft.
Nothing like a 7/8" bolt rusted in a tad,
I made a 1/4" cushion gasket to take out some of the slack/play caused by the failing thrust bearing that probably needs some TLC.

Moved the turkeys over to the triangle location yesterday, and introduced them to their new home.
Not quite happy about not going home again-lots of cry/chirping.
Though they seemed to settle into the new digs when hunger and thirst revived the happy.

I then realized the eves of the new digs was still open-meaning a coon-or some other creature could get in.
Tired thought "oh they'll be ok for one night".
Reality thought-"It'll be on the mind all night thinking about it."
So the front got done-getting on to 7pm.

Tired thought-no need to finish it.
Got it done by 8pm-eating dinner @ 9pm

Seems the the chickens, and turkeys get along ok no problems as they mind each other.
The last batch it took awhile to get them together safely, as a group of hens would gang up on a turkey and attack it.
I guess those have passed on, and these are just too old to bother them.

Tired thought "oh they'll be ok for one night".
Reality thought-"It'll be on the mind all night thinking about it."
Oh. man. Been there, done that. Glad you got it done, even if it made for a long day. Plus, it's one less thing you have to do today!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back