THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ā€œShall not be infringedā€ I donā€™t go anywhere without at least one of these!
I carry everywhere. I had a bad experience 30 years or so ago & vowed I'd never be helpless again. Fortunately I've never had to use a weapon now that I have one. Part of it is bring aware of what's happening around you & leaving if things seem iffy.

Last edited:
I carry everywhere. I had a bad experience 30 years or so ago & vowed I'd never be helpless again. Fortunately I've never had to use a weapon now thst I gave one. Part of it is bring aware of what's happening around you & leaving if things seem iffy.
Once in Florida years ago. A guy drove to me while I was walking to my truck and asked for directions. I leaned in his passenger window and he had a gun and robbed me. How rude is that. I believe in open carry myself

Woke up to a 45F going up to a 72F later today-without any of that humidity.
Calling for a rain day tomorrow so it's a get it done today event.
Going to put the new wheel assemblies on the mower deck of the lawn mower and cut/trim the lawns before the long weekend.
You know that curb appeal type of thing.
Squirrels are having a hard time seeing over the top of the grass around the feeder. :laughing7:

Looks like the raspberries are starting to ripen up now.
View attachment 2156366
Love me some raspberries

Woke up to a 45F going up to a 72F later today-without any of that humidity.
Calling for a rain day tomorrow so it's a get it done today event.
Going to put the new wheel assemblies on the mower deck of the lawn mower and cut/trim the lawns before the long weekend.
You know that curb appeal type of thing.
Squirrels are having a hard time seeing over the top of the grass around the feeder. :laughing7:

Looks like the raspberries are starting to ripen up now.
View attachment 2156366
Looks good. Weā€™ve been into the black raspberries for awhile now. Weā€™ve made a batch of jam and have frozen quite a few berries. We have wild vines on several acres of timber borders.
IMG_3276.jpeg

Yesterdayā€™s picking.

Driving the 5000 šŸšœ down to the house in 6th gear.
Kind of a rude stop.

Now it's blocking the lane way.
Good start to the day I say.

Still haven't started with the mower deck yet.

I declare its lunchtime.
20240628_100354.jpg

Driving the 5000 šŸšœ down to the house in 6th gear.
Kind of a rude stop.

Now it's blocking the lane way.
Good start to the day I say.

Still haven't started with the mower deck yet.

I declare its lunchtime.
View attachment 2156395

Several thousand pounds , or near that.
Plus gravity. Downhill is easier than up.

Wheel is bolted to hub. Hub held onto spindle against bearing washer by a castle nut and cotter key?
Wheel turns with secured hub on spindle adjusted for proper tension in the two's marriage and all's well.
( In theory.)

Several thousand pounds , or near that.
Plus gravity. Downhill is easier than up.

Wheel is bolted to hub. Hub held onto spindle against bearing washer by a castle nut and cotter key?
Wheel turns with secured hub on spindle adjusted for proper tension in the two's marriage and all's well.
( In theory.)
Yes that is correct.
But something isn't right it seems. šŸ¤£
Can we just say CHINA aftermarket parts.
This wasn't on the list of things to do today.
Rain tomorrow
The saving grace was I took the lane instead of the street.
Then it might of been bumped up on the schedule.

Good Friday even folks!! Ling hot week here.. but we made it to Friday evening so all good now!! šŸ¤—

Soo what plans for the weekend for us intrepid explores i hear you askā€¦ well tomoz is visiting day.. Davidā€™s mumā€™s birthdayā€¦ bless her she is 80!

Then on sunday we are going back to a new field.. on the other side of the road from the field we found nothing.. šŸ˜³ā€¦. This side is right next to the churchā€¦ (red blob) and has a spring in the cornerā€¦ so feel we need to tryā€¦ also old terraces down to another streamā€¦.!!!! šŸ™ā€¦

IMG_3569.jpeg

I dont know if you like seeing my mapsā€¦ šŸ§ā€¦.. but here is the lidarā€¦ red blob church .. blue steams.. green our permissionā€¦ yellow where we found nothingā€¦
IMG_3570.jpeg

To give you a bit more infoā€¦. Next map includes the other side of the village where we found roman coins and tesseraeā€¦ (green blob) and alleged site of roman villa (red blob) šŸ¤”ā€¦

IMG_3571.jpeg

I dont know if you like seeing my mapsā€¦ šŸ§ā€¦.. but here is the lidarā€¦ red blob church .. blue steams.. green our permissionā€¦ yellow where we found nothingā€¦View attachment 2156407
To give you a bit more infoā€¦. Next map includes the other side of the village where we found roman coins and tesseraeā€¦ (green blob) and alleged site of roman villa (red blob) šŸ¤”ā€¦

View attachment 2156408
Good luck out there. Bring back some treasure

Once in Florida years ago. A guy drove to me while I was walking to my truck and asked for directions. I leaned in his passenger window and he had a gun and robbed me. How rude is that. I believe in open carry myself
Another time in Florida I was getting off work and a guy ran up to me in shorts (dead of winter) and demanded my $. I said well I donā€™t get paid until tomorrow and you probably wonā€™t like it lol. I gave him $5 and he demanded my wedding ring and wallet which I refused. He then ran away across the parking lot with no shoes and jumped into a car with his buddies. High 5s all around. But what he didnā€™t know is what I had behind my seat and it didnā€™t end well for them šŸ˜ƒ I doubt he tried that again

I bought out my partners....they are moving/retiring... and will own a few claims in Galice Oregon. Great gold history. (below article)

Screenshot 2024-06-28 at 12-04-30 galice oregon weather - Search.png

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back