THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Now it's off to the final prep races...
I will touch base at least once more before we bug out.
Will be about 30 something minutes inland at a hotel...
which will have to do for us no matter what...
No other choices left... other than to just drive and drive far away.
If storm stays south of where we are we should have LESS damage at hotel... not sure about home etc.
No matter where it goes its going to be very very ugly.

If it should be more North towards us...... then........... well...........

In any case.... Wish us luck we will need it.

Anyway...... laterz peeps.

Morning scallywags :coffee2: 🏴‍☠ I hope we all rally around one another in this difficult time. I will seek all those out in need of help or supplies or of their families.
I went out Sunday evening to our Cape Lookout for some Surf 🏄🏼‍♂️ and a little R&R from all the world happenings. Now back to the Grind…. Here’s a few pics to brighten your day

Attachments

• IMG_4554.jpeg
    IMG_4554.jpeg
    941.5 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4559.jpeg
    IMG_4559.jpeg
    835.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4573.jpeg
    IMG_4573.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4560.jpeg
    IMG_4560.jpeg
    662.1 KB · Views: 4
If storm stays south of where we are we should have LESS damage at hotel... not sure about home etc.

🙏 :thumbsup:

OMG watching guy on TWC talking with Cantori in Tampa on his little sailboat saying he will stay and ride out the storm. No motor just sails 🙈WTH .... I suppose this will be the last we see of him? 🙏

If it doesn't swing south at all we will still have 40-60 mph winds. If it goes on the lowest track, we will see higher winds. We are getting g crushed by continuous rain and thunderstorms. We have been getting storms since Saturday. We had a 3 hour window of sun yesterday but it's been a down pour ever since !! Please lord keep it north of us, and make it a 10,000 island storm in the everglades !! Water is over the dock and in the road on the Bayside of the island already !!

OMG watching guy on TWC talking with Cantori in Tampa on his little sailboat saying he will stay and ride out the storm. No motor just sails 🙈WTH .... I suppose this will be the last we see of him? 🙏
He will be many miles inland if he lives.

If it doesn't swing south at all we will still have 40-60 mph winds. If it goes on the lowest track, we will see higher winds. We are getting g crushed by continuous rain and thunderstorms. We have been getting storms since Saturday. We had a 3 hour window of sun yesterday but it's been a down pour ever since !! Please lord keep it north of us, and make it a 10,000 island storm in the everglades !! Water is over the dock and in the road on the Bayside of the island already !!
🙏

Come on @ARC what is this the best you can do?

Seriously I'm having a real hard time trying to figure this out 30 minutes inland.
So you are getting a motel in Plant City?

I don't get it seriously sir, with all due respect you know what's right and wrong-but.

Why not a 1.5 hrs out like Ocala?

Screen Shot 2024-10-08 at 9.19.30 AM.png

You have jones'd out about every wind fart off the coast of Senegal for the last decade-yet the 100 yr storm is threatening to wipe the Barrier Islands off the map.

Yet you're camping out just 30 minutes away in the cone-I guess I'm missing something here as my logical sense is get the hell out of the whole cone.
Ocala area little over a hour drive-waited too long all booked up, wait in line behind all the other laggers tail lights stuck on the roads.
I just don't get it-I'm sorry but I need a few more :coffee2::coffee2:

The reported storm surge is enough for this guy to say well it's been great knowing you (the area) but it's time to kiss a lot of it goodbye.
It really comes with a heavy heart that the barrier Islands will be just a memory for a lot of people.

Screen Shot 2024-10-08 at 9.29.45 AM.png

Last edited:
The idiots belong in the Darwin theory type thing.....

Yet they exhaust the rescue workers and endanger others for their lack of brains.
I have no real sad feeling when they become a member of the Fiddler's Green.

Come on @ARC what is this the best you can do?

Seriously I'm having a real hard time trying to figure this out 30 minutes inland.
So you are getting a motel in Plant City?

I don't get it seriously sir, with all due respect you know what's right and wrong-but.

What not a 1.5 hrs out like Ocala?

View attachment 2173000

You have jones'd out about every wind fart off the coast of Senegal for the last decade-yet the 100 yr storm is threatening to wipe the Barrier Islands off the map.

Yet you're camping out just 30 minutes away in the cone-I guess I'm missing something here as my logical sense is get the hell out of the whole cone.
Ocala area little over a hour drive-waited too long all booked up, wait in line behind all the other laggers tail lights stuck on the roads.
I just don't get it-I'm sorry but I need a few more :coffee2::coffee2:

The reported storm surge is enough for this guy to say well it's been great knowing you (the area) but it's time to kiss a lot of it goodbye.
It really comes with a heavy heart that the barrier Islands will be just a memory for a lot of people.

View attachment 2173001
The barrier islands will always be there, the ocean will throw even more sand up on them, and it will cut through other areas...tis the way it works. The homes on the island are different some will stay, some will go, life will creep right back in quickly....as it always does. Just have to survive first.

If you are not already out of the area, this is what you will face if you leave now:
1728395648339.png

Heavy traffic begins to back up on Interstate 275 South as residents evacuate St. Petersburg, Florida, ahead of Hurricane Milton's expected landfall.
Don in SoCal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back