THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Attachments

• 87877084-041A-44FD-B04C-B43A303206D5.jpeg
    87877084-041A-44FD-B04C-B43A303206D5.jpeg
    484.2 KB · Views: 28
10 yr warranty! Is that common there to get such long warranties?

Warranties are only as good as the companies willingness to fulfill them. Iā€™d imagine itā€™s BS.

America! Land of the heartless corporations willing to cut your throat if it will save them a penny.

Last edited:
10 yr warranty! Is that common there to get such long warranties?
10yr limited warranty
Like a battery the clock starts at the cash register.
They prorate them it seems.
Miele offered 10 yrs.
Then on the 7th they 3rd party the warranty repair to different areas.
Thus no service for you.
A Bosh countertop we waited 6 weeks for it to be repaired.
They had the part in 2 weeks.
I'm getting ready for another trip to the cuss box over a siding defect.
The guy was really nice on the phone.
Ya right.

Good morning all.

You know, I occasionally see posts on this board (not this thread, obviously) complaining that there aren't many people posting and the forums aren't very active. If the board is slow now, I'd hate to see what it used to be like. On days when I'm busy and don't check in much, I come back to six or eight pages of new posts. If I get busy over a weekend (as I did this one), then it can run to 12 or 14 pages. This morning I'm at 17 pages of unread posts. I try to keep up, but that "mark all forums read" button is awful tempting sometimes.

Warranties are only as good as the companies willingness to fulfill them. Iā€™d imagine itā€™s BS.

America! Land of the heartless corporations willing to cut your throat if it will save them a penny.
Ain't that the truth? I fought with a major appliance company for months to get a refrigerator fixed. Turned out it couldn't be fixed, and they were trying to deny the warranty claim. Fortunately I did all the communication in writing and when I finally showed some supervisory types in their own writing where they admitted it was a covered fault but then said they were going to deny the warranty (a pretty clear case of breach of contract), they finally relented and replaced it.

You got to fight .... for your right.... to warranty repairs.

Telus says I have a great connection.
Calls drop, takes hours for a text to get across the yard.
The first go at them took a few months.
They gave us $450 credit.
This past year they increased our data and reduced the bill $50 a month.
The secret to every claim is a record of what happened.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back