THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I knew things getting smaller (packaging) but that's one small bag of chips.
crab chips large.jpg

So the Max saw me put his pill in a piece of banana tonight.
Worked every other time, except he took it cautiously, chomp, chomp, chomp, spit.
Yup expelled that white pill with the grace of a well trained person eating salted pistachios.
Well Mr Max we can do it the other way, open (Pepper prying open the jaw) places pill in back of mouth, hold the jaw closed, watch for 3 licks, done.
On the upside he's doing so much better without this itch.

Worked every other time, except he took it cautiously, chomp, chomp, chomp, spit.
Yup expelled that white pill with the grace of a well trained person eating salted pistachios.
Well Mr Max we can do it the other way, open (Pepper prying open the jaw) places pill in back of mouth, hold the jaw closed, watch for 3 licks, done.
Max May figure out how to get around that way also. We had a pug . We started out trying the back of the throat- hold mouth closed first. Didn’t work. Got a pill shooter. Nope. Cheese. Omg! That dog loved cheese so much that we had to spell out the word and then he learned how to spell! ROFL! It worked the best.

Dealt with work got home cleaned the house for Thanksgiving and decided I was going to get a few hours of metal detecting in. Walked to the school and tried my luck. Dug tons of change lots of junk jewelry and of course tons of trash. Frustration and stubbornness set in and I refused to leave till I got gold or silver lol. I get a very clean squeak at 96 on the Deus 2. I'm think eh quarter at 8 inches down I'm thinking where the hell is this stupid quarter. I dig a little clod of of the bottom and spot shine. I'm like could it be a silver ring way the hell down there lol.

Attachments

• 1700700532496601692751403179655.jpg
    1700700532496601692751403179655.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 17007005761227014938096318517420.jpg
    17007005761227014938096318517420.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Max May figure out how to get around that way also. We had a pug . We started out trying the back of the throat- hold mouth closed first. Didn’t work. Got a pill shooter. Nope. Cheese. Omg! That dog loved cheese so much that we had to spell out the word and then he learned how to spell! ROFL! It worked the best.
Bean sprouts-nope
Leafy greens-nope
Cheese? :icon_scratch: Probably-though he does chew his food most of the time.

Same with my neighbors cat! It wouldn't eat its pill, wrapped in cheddar cheese, walla!

Dealt with work got home cleaned the house for Thanksgiving and decided I was going to get a few hours of metal detecting in. Walked to the school and tried my luck. Dug tons of change lots of junk jewelry and of course tons of trash. Frustration and stubbornness set in and I refused to leave till I got gold or silver lol. I get a very clean squeak at 96 on the Deus 2. I'm think eh quarter at 8 inches down I'm thinking where the hell is this stupid quarter. I dig a little clod of of the bottom and spot shine. I'm like could it be a silver ring way the hell down there lol.
Nice recovery and at a good depth also. Congrats
You have more stubbornness than most pirates-me would be I'm done with this.

Nice!

The bulldog...Blah.
Two special baths a week.
2-3 meds.
One just ran out per plan I believe.
I gave him one at supper (his not mine) per his chart per three charts. Wrap in cheese put in dish and wave goodbye.
His itching has let up a lot. Not gone.
About once a day I'll hear him thump thumping.
He slipped his inflated collar/cone the other night in his crate and I heard a yelp.
Checked him and put his collar/cone back on.
He might have chewed an itchy foot to make him yelp? (He was chewing them months prior. Thus all the routine allergy dodging stuff. )

Another dog gets a pill he don't want.
I don't like to put it in his throat.
Cheese over it. Chicken or beef over that and he'll eat it.

I've had dogs before would take and eat whatever pill I handed them.
One a volunteer at the vet was disappointed wouldn't take a biscuit from her.
Put it in my coat pocket and on the way home (coat on seat) he nosed the pocket and I told him to go ahead.
"Gulp".

Ahh well.
Max knows what he's doing. Just that the cook is doping strange things with the food and treats!

Congrats!
Getting towards the basement on that kind of digging.

The bulldog...Blah.
Two special baths a week.
2-3 meds.
One just ran out per plan I believe.
I gave him one at supper (his not mine) per his chart per three charts. Wrap in cheese put in dish and wave goodbye.
His itching has let up a lot. Not gone.
About once a day I'll hear him thump thumping.
He slipped his inflated collar/cone the other night in his crate and I heard a yelp.
Checked him and put his collar/cone back on.
He might have chewed an itchy foot to make him yelp? (He was chewing them months prior. Thus all the routine allergy dodging stuff. )

Another dog gets a pill he don't want.
I don't like to put it in his throat.
Cheese over it. Chicken or beef over that and he'll eat it.

I've had dogs before would take and eat whatever pill I handed them.
One a volunteer at the vet was disappointed wouldn't take a biscuit from her.
Put it in my coat pocket and on the way home (coat on seat) he nosed the pocket and I told him to go ahead.
"Gulp".

Ahh well.
Max knows what he's doing. Just that the cook is doping strange things with the food and treats!
So you're well acquainted with the dog itch and what helps.
I wish I would of asked sometime back.

No deer tonight.
Well a trio on the way home crossed the road headed towards my property..

Wiped out pulling the wheelchair out of the truck bed and trying to swing it past the cargo hauler.
I'd score the gracefulness about a two out of ten.

Did get to watch two groups the other night. 8 deer which isa lot for my site.

Tonight's phone shot sunset.
No idea what I did wrong with the two camera shots I took. Same camera was goofy the other day too.
20231122_173138-jpg.932580

I received a post from my 57-58 year old cousin that brought back a good memory.

A memory came to me this morning. When we were kids at this time of year. We would always sing that song over the River and through the woods. I remember when the song got to that part where it's says. It stings the toes and bites the nose? When it came to the bites your nose part? Used to grab my nose between your fingers LOL . Lawdy Mae. I had to been seven or eight years old.

The original poem, written in 1844 by Lydia Maria Child, was titled “The New-England Boy’s Song About Thanksgiving Day “ and is commonly known as “Over The River And Through The Woods.” Notice the original words were “To Grandfather’s house we go” where as we sing “ To Grandmother’s we go.” Also, only the first six stanza’s are usually in the song. There are other differences, but those are the major.

Over the river, and through the wood,
To Grandfather's house we go;
the horse knows the way to carry the sleigh
through the white and drifted snow.

to Grandfather's house away!
We would not stop for doll or top,
for 'tis Thanksgiving Day.

Over the river, and through the wood—
oh, how the wind does blow!
It stings the toes and bites the nose
as over the ground we go.

and straight through the barnyard gate,
We seem to go extremely slow,
it is so hard to wait!

When Grandmother saw us come,
She will say, "O, dear, the children are here,
bring a pie for everyone."

now Grandmother's cap I spy!
Hurrah for the fun! Is the pudding done?
Hurrah for the pumpkin pie!

with a clear blue winter sky,
The dogs do bark, and children hark,
as we go jingling by.

to have a first-rate play.
Hear the bells ring, "Ting-a-ling-ding!",
Hurrah for Thanksgiving Day!

no matter for winds that blow;
Or if we get the sleigh upset
into a bank of snow

to see little John and Ann;
We will kiss them all, and play snow-ball
and stay as long as we can.

trot fast, my dapple-gray!
Spring over the ground like a hunting-hound!
For 'tis Thanksgiving Day.

Old Jowler hears our bells.
He shakes his pow, with a loud bow-wow,[1]
and thus the news he tells.

[1] "The New-England Boy's Song about Thanksgiving Day". Poetry Foundation.

No deer tonight.
Well a trio on the way home crossed the road headed towards my property..

Wiped out pulling the wheelchair out of the truck bed and trying to swing it past the cargo hauler.
I'd score the gracefulness about a two out of ten.

Did get to watch two groups the other night. 8 deer which isa lot for my site.

Tonight's phone shot sunset.
No idea what I did wrong with the two camera shots I took. Same camera was goofy the other day too.
20231122_173138-jpg.932580
A beautiful 8-point got spooked and was right in the backyard by the house. I moved too quickly and he saw and ran. I ran through the house and chose the grandkids room. Wrong choice. He was standing looking right in to my bedroom window. The wooden blinds were down in the kids room and I spooked him again when I tried to get the phone to take the pic. 🥴

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back