THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

The Mr WD wants one of those yard decorations.
It's an unstyled model. No sheet metal cloths to hide steering up front. I'm not quite sure which or even brand.
Steel wheels work for certain ground conditions but gained popularity during 40's wartime when rubber production of tires wasn't encouraged for civilians.

What you two need is a Allis Chalmers WD . Sorry off day brain wise so I'm not recalling what that WD stands for exactly. But also being we are too early anyways , they are orange for fall.!
downer-minnesota-october-tractor-pulling-hay-mower-allis-chalmers-u-s-manufacturer-machinery-various-industries-169674929.jpg

Imagine the scene… if you will, you and your other half are out for an early morning walk across the local fields with you dog bouncing along innocently by your side…. The peace and splendour of the moment is broken, by a yell of… “ooohh a basset” you look up and a mad girl, clutching a spade and metal detector is hurtling across the field towards you….. 🫤 …. Well that was me today!!

after the initial shock … they were very kind and let me spend a few minutes rapturously smooshing their hound… and best of all they told me they were attending a basset party in a couple of weeks… imagine my squeal of “that’s me, that’s my party” 😂😂. … honestly it made my day 😍 xx

Happy Saturday crew!

Back from my camping/hunting trip.
Had a good time even though hunting wasn't as good as normal there. They keep on saying we're in a mega drought out west and this place is right in the middle of the darkest red of their graphic map, however, in the 25 years I've been hunting here there has never been as much or as thick of vegetation as now.:dontknow:

Anyways, I'll post my results on "Today's Finds".

Walked like 4 miles plotted out a path to metal detect a bunch of tot lots. Was a lot of effort for much of nothing. This thing that appears to be just part of something. Not sure if it's silver heavy like it but no marks as it looks like it fell out of a part of something.

Attachments

• 20230923_164220.jpg
    20230923_164220.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
It's an unstyled model. No sheet metal cloths to hide steering up front. I'm not quite sure which or even brand.
Steel wheels work for certain ground conditions but gained popularity during 40's wartime when rubber production of tires wasn't encouraged for civilians.

What you two need is a Allis Chalmers WD . Sorry off day brain wise so I'm not recalling what that WD stands for exactly. But also being we are too early anyways , they are orange for fall.!
downer-minnesota-october-tractor-pulling-hay-mower-allis-chalmers-u-s-manufacturer-machinery-various-industries-169674929.jpg

Thanks for the link. He wants a rusty ole tractor with rusty steel wheels. Not to use, just a yard decoration. Let it keep on rusting away. Allis-Chalmers would be cool.
WD aka WannaDig3687 - Treasurenet is my world.
Mr WD aka Mr WannaDig3687 ( not walleye demigod 😜) - on Treasurenet he is the supporting other half.

Walked like 4 miles plotted out a path to metal detect a bunch of tot lots. Was a lot of effort for much of nothing. This thing that appears to be just part of something. Not sure if it's silver heavy like it but no marks as it looks like it fell out of a part of something.
I bet someone could figure out what it is.

Thanks for the link. He wants a rusty ole tractor with rusty steel wheels. Not to use, just a yard decoration. Let it keep on rusting away. Allis-Chalmers would be cool.
WD aka WannaDig3687 - Treasurenet is my world.
Mr WD aka Mr WannaDig3687 ( not walleye demigod 😜) - on Treasurenet he is the supporting other half.
I meant , I lost track of WD. On the tractor. Model WD45 for example.

W might be a particular engine. And D a model.

Yes a fordson would be great!

1695516566046.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back