THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Good morning, Pirates!
@ANTIQUARIAN (have a good day at work)
@ARC (got rum?)
@billb (come aboard, worst that'll happen is one of us makes you walk the plank :tongue3:)
@bill from lachine (Hey Good lookin - watcha got cookin?)
@Blak bart (Are we fishing or treasure hunting today?)
@Boatlode (Chime on in)
@Duckshot (Where'd you go?)
@ECS [Mayhaps you are still reading the thread. Some Burma Shave trivia:
  • Free – free / a trip to Mars / for 900 / empty jars / Burma-Shave
Arlyss French, owner of a Red Owl grocery store, did submit 900 empty jars; the company at first replied: "If a trip to Mars / you earn / remember, friend / there's no return." Then Burma-Shave, on the recommendation of Red Owl's publicity team, withdrew the one-way offer and instead sent Mr. and Mrs. French on vacation to the town of Moers (often pronounced "Mars" by foreigners) near Duisburg, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany]

@Fat (you too, where'd ya go?)
@GB1 (Drop us a line)
@GoldieLocks (How are you doing?)
@GopherDaGold (Where we at? What's our number?)
@kcm (I noticed he gave me some likes a couple weeks ago, so he's still around :hello2:)
@Msbeepbeep (Um, girl, I can't drink all of ARC's rum by myself:laughing9:)
@Oregon Viking (suspect you be sleeping now)
@pepperj (How did the hunt go ?)
@Peyton Manning (has the CWAZ altered? or still the same?)
@releventchair (If you had all your lanterns working and lit, would we be able to see you from afar?)
@rook3434 (what? no spy cam pics?)
@RTR (Speed racer )
@RustyRelics (Time to check in)
@Sheperdess (What's going on in your neck of the woods?)
@Toecutter (Time to check in)
@Treasure_Hunter (Is moderating easier with the new system?)
@WHADIFIND (Are you getting out for walks with your new ATMax, Sir?)
@xaos (time out:dontknow:)

The coots down here don't take off until the last second, and then they poop all over you and your bass boat.

3378476760_67dcfb40d6_b.jpg

Why couldn't you reattach the bow strap and crank the boat into position?

How embarrassing.
Oh, poop happens! LOL!

He did try to get the boat back on the trailer, it wasn't happening and the steps were threatening scratching up the boat. So, that was his decision. I just stay in the truck and wait for orders. Yes, it was embarrassing, probably more so for him than me. Maybe if it was 40-50 degrees warmer, he might have had me take the bow strap to the boat. IDK??? Anyway, no scratches on his baby, the strap was repaired, we're ready for next trip. I'll wager we both triple check from now on. :tongue3:

"Is moderating easier with the new system?"

With the new software, It is easier for mods to help members without having to reach out to the admins and wait for a reply, also by making me an admin I am able to help members even further without having to contact admins.

The new software makes it easier to stop the spammers, the software administration has features that automatically do what mods use to have to do manually in multiple steps. It has also corrected multiple problems the old software could no longer handle and TreasureNet runs so much faster.

XAOS is on timeout.
If you put your mouse over a member's name or avatar it shows when member last visited TNet.

Good morning, Pirates!
@ANTIQUARIAN (have a good day at work)
@ARC (got rum?)
@billb (come aboard, worst that'll happen is one of us makes you walk the plank :tongue3:)
@bill from lachine (Hey Good lookin - watcha got cookin?)
@Blak bart (Are we fishing or treasure hunting today?)
@Boatlode (Chime on in)
@Duckshot (Where'd you go?)
@ECS [Mayhaps you are still reading the thread. Some Burma Shave trivia:
  • Free – free / a trip to Mars / for 900 / empty jars / Burma-Shave
Arlyss French, owner of a Red Owl grocery store, did submit 900 empty jars; the company at first replied: "If a trip to Mars / you earn / remember, friend / there's no return." Then Burma-Shave, on the recommendation of Red Owl's publicity team, withdrew the one-way offer and instead sent Mr. and Mrs. French on vacation to the town of Moers (often pronounced "Mars" by foreigners) near Duisburg, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany]

@Fat (you too, where'd ya go?)
@GB1 (Drop us a line)
@GoldieLocks (How are you doing?)
@GopherDaGold (Where we at? What's our number?)
@kcm (I noticed he gave me some likes a couple weeks ago, so he's still around :hello2:)
@Msbeepbeep (Um, girl, I can't drink all of ARC's rum by myself:laughing9:)
@Oregon Viking (suspect you be sleeping now)
@pepperj (How did the hunt go ?)
@Peyton Manning (has the CWAZ altered? or still the same?)
@releventchair (If you had all your lanterns working and lit, would we be able to see you from afar?)
@rook3434 (what? no spy cam pics?)
@RTR (Speed racer )
@RustyRelics (Time to check in)
@Sheperdess (What's going on in your neck of the woods?)
@Toecutter (Time to check in)
@Treasure_Hunter (Is moderating easier with the new system?)
@WHADIFIND (Are you getting out for walks with your new ATMax, Sir?)
@xaos (time out:dontknow:)
Thank You it’s good to have the privilege to join the team

"Is moderating easier with the new system?"

With the new software, It is easier for mods to help members without having to reach out to the admins and wait for a reply, also by making me an admin I am able to help members even further without having to contact admins.

The new software makes it easier to stop the spammers, the software administration has features that automatically do what mods use to have to do manually in multiple steps. It has also corrected multiple problems the old software could no longer handle and TreasureNet runs so much faster.

XAOS is on timeout.
If you put your mouse over a member's name or avatar it shows when member last visited TNet.
I thought maybe it was easier for you. It seems to me, from what I have viewed, that since the upgrade you are able to be a little more social. It makes sense with the site running faster and you all not having to do all the steps. I also notice another admin or 2, which I never recall ever seeing. So that's great that you all can partake in the site more. Less like work and more like fun.

Good morning, Pirates!
@Boatlode (Chime on in)
Morning cowgirl.

Oh, poop happens! LOL!

He did try to get the boat back on the trailer, it wasn't happening and the steps were threatening scratching up the boat. So, that was his decision. I just stay in the truck and wait for orders. Yes, it was embarrassing, probably more so for him than me. Maybe if it was 40-50 degrees warmer, he might have had me take the bow strap to the boat. IDK??? Anyway, no scratches on his baby, the strap was repaired, we're ready for next trip. I'll wager we both triple check from now on. :tongue3:

I forgot that water up there is a lot colder than down here and somebody would have had to get wet to attach the bow strap.

Don't feel bad, we have all done stupid stuff at launch ramps (and anybody who says they haven't is a liar).

Here's my stupid story. I dumped my boat in and beached it next to the ramp to wait for my clients to get there. I didn't bother tossing the anchor up on shore because there wasn't any wind to speak of. Then I went to go park the truck and trailer. Walking back to the ramp, I met my clients who had just arrived. We introduced ourselves (first time customers, a husband and wife) and chatted for a few minutes. I grabbed some of their gear and we all started walking down to the ramp. That was when I saw my boat adrift about 50 yards offshore. Of course there wasn't another soul at the ramp, or any other boats in sight. I didn't want to wait for a boat to come along and miss out on the early topwater bite, so I took a swim (damn the alligators, full speed ahead LOL). The whole time I was thinking these people must be wondering what kind of a redneck guide did they hire? Needless to say I was very embarrassed. To make matters worse the wife took pictures of me swimming out to retrieve my boat.
Anyway, we had a great day, 40 or 50 bass if I remember correctly and the wife caught the biggest one (8 pounds). Since then they have booked several more trips with me and we still laugh about my swim. I have the pictures she took of me swimming out to the boat somewhere, if I can find them I will post one.

I thought maybe it was easier for you. It seems to me, from what I have viewed, that since the upgrade you are able to be a little more social. It makes sense with the site running faster and you all not having to do all the steps. I also notice another admin or 2, which I never recall ever seeing. So that's great that you all can partake in the site more. Less like work and more like fun.
Seeing more of the other admins was because they were trying to help tweak the new software as much as possible to fix and provide the features members were asking for.

Morning cowgirl.

I forgot that water up there is a lot colder than down here and somebody would have had to get wet to attach the bow strap.

Don't feel bad, we have all done stupid stuff at launch ramps (and anybody who says they haven't is a liar).

Here's my stupid story. I dumped my boat in and beached it next to the ramp to wait for my clients to get there. I didn't bother tossing the anchor up on shore because there wasn't any wind to speak of. Then I went to go park the truck and trailer. Walking back to the ramp, I met my clients who had just arrived. We introduced ourselves (first time customers, a husband and wife) and chatted for a few minutes. I grabbed some of their gear and we all started walking down to the ramp. That was when I saw my boat adrift about 50 yards offshore. Of course there wasn't another soul at the ramp, or any other boats in sight. I didn't want to wait for a boat to come along and miss out on the early topwater bite, so I took a swim (damn the alligators, full speed ahead LOL). The whole time I was thinking these people must be wondering what kind of a redneck guide did they hire? Needless to say I was very embarrassed. To make matters worse the wife took pictures of me swimming out to retrieve my boat.
Anyway, we had a great day, 40 or 50 bass if I remember correctly and the wife caught the biggest one (8 pounds). Since then they have booked several more trips with me and we still laugh about my swim. I have the pictures she took of me swimming out to the boat somewhere, if I can find them I will post one.
I had to swim once also. When fishing by myself I’d use a rope clipped to the boat and trailer. That morning in a rush I clipped both to the boat. Backed in and there she went. About 30 to 40 feet out. Nobody around which was sorta unusual but for that time of year but had to take a short swim. Winded to see the least. Cut my foot boarding but learned a lesson I never repeated again.

Here's a foolish boating experience I had....a buddy of mine had all the required training and certifications for sail boats.

Well he rented a 43 footer for the weekend with sleeping quarters, etc...it was moored on a nearby lake so we were invited along to join them.

Before heading out he gave me a quick 5 or 10 minute rundown on the ropes, rigging, boom, etc...we head out on the lake and the wind picked up so he was tacking into the shifting wind and the boom swung around and I managed to duck so I wouldn't get my head knocked off....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: then the rope holding the boom in place somehow came untied. So he had to scramble to resecure it.

The wind was getting pretty vicious so he decided to take it back into shore.....when we got within striking distance of the pier he told me to jump over on secure the rope of one of the posts. In the heat of the action I grabbed the wrong rope and tied it up the boat kept going and we ended up with a nice little ding in the fibreglass bow of the boat....:laughing7: :laughing7::laughing7:

Here's a foolish boating experience I had....a buddy of mine had all the required training and certifications for sail boats.

Well he rented a 43 footer for the weekend with sleeping quarters, etc...it was moored on a nearby lake so we were invited along to join them.

Before heading out he gave me a quick 5 or 10 minute rundown on the ropes, rigging, boom, etc...we head out on the lake and the wind picked up so he was tacking into the shifting wind and the boom swung around and I managed to duck so I wouldn't get my head knocked off....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: then the rope holding the boom in place somehow came untied. So he had to scramble to resecure it.

The wind was getting pretty vicious so he decided to take it back into shore.....when we got within striking distance of the pier he told me to jump over on secure the rope of one of the posts. In the heat of the action I grabbed the wrong rope and tied it up the boat kept going and we ended up with a nice little ding in the fibreglass bow of the boat....:laughing7: :laughing7::laughing7:
Good thing your a good ships cook !!:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back