Apr 5, 2016
Sunrise, Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites Surf P.I.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi MD'rs, I was detecting the beach today waiting for low tide to kick in. I noticed 3 other folks detecting in relatively the same area so I kinda circled around them and came into some neck deep water before I knew it they disappeared so I made my way back to where they were and ( Holy ship wrecks Batman ) I found an eye popping chain 28 inches long 18kt with a 18kt cross and emeralds. It is modern but the wife nicknamed it the Atrocha. 45.6 grams in weight. WOW!!! Best find of the year.

Attachments

• 1479224621340.jpg
    1479224621340.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,279
Upvote 82
Unbelievable BANNER find!! Amazing, museum piece, not sure what beach you were on but, are you going to show this to Mel Fishers people for help on ID? Wow!

GOLD!
Great find

Amazing!!! That is a beauty! Banner Banner Banner!!!

Wow! Simply amazing. I would check the papers for lost and found

What's a chunk of gold, WOW!!

Wow, just wow. Congrats. Someone is sad over that one.

Great Googlie Mooglie! That's a banner!

Holy flipping treasure chests!!! That's something worthy of royalty!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Beautiful Cross and Chain.
Is it possible that those other 3 people searching that same concentrated area had been asked to search for this Cross and Chain?
It is heart breaking to lose a Gold Piece of jewelry like this one. If those emeralds are real, then someone is on the verge of a breakdown.

Ring-in-the-scoop - this guy is right, those folks must have been hunting for the cross, too...!
I'd advertise around, to see if anyone lost "something" at the beach, recently.... Then the owner can identify it, if its theirs.
Document the return, then you'll get an Honorary kudos, for sure!

Dig to China here's the South Florida sun glistening on the booty.

Attachments

• 1479748189815.jpg
    1479748189815.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 219
I'd advertise around, to see if anyone lost "something" at the beach, recently.... Then the owner can identify it, if its theirs.
Document the return, then you'll get an Honorary kudos, for sure

No way would I advertise this find. The OP has provided way too much info on this jewelry. Some lowlife could easily claim it's their piece. Everyone now knows the weight, the length of the chain, the gold purity and what it looks like. Be careful on this deal! Check the lost and found on Craigslist, but do NOT post it there or anywhere. It would be a shame if someone conned you out of that treasure!

Dig to China here's the South Florida sun glistening on the booty.

Oh! My eyes! The gleam... Burning retina's... Can't look away...

No way would I advertise this find... Check the lost and found on Craigslist...

Yep. Even going by that would be risky. Unless the post is prior to the find/post to TN, I'd be suspicious.

Here's my thinking. If you are three guys with metal detectors looking for this and you see another guy in the area, would you not ask for his help? I guess the risk is he finds it and takes off. On the flip side, you say nothing and he finds it and says nothing because he knows nothing about it.

I wonder if the two guys were looking for it? Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do a pretty good job of getting stuff back to their rightful owners. 98% of the time it's almost imposible unless they just lost it and ask for my help. No problem on my part I'll do what I can especially if they are almost in tears.
On the Atocha theirs a couple of things only the true owner knows and a photo of this baby will surly be needed. I've been in this game a long time theirs no scam Im not onto. Thanks again for all the positive feeds and concerns. Keep diggin!!!

Bad to the bone!!! I think it does belong in the banner finds. Its to beautiful not to be.that shot of it in the sun is a good one. Man I need a find like that to break my gold slump. Good job. Congrats.

I'm jealous. I want to find something like that :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back