The 3 weeks of stuff.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800 & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of our good field permissions are cut except the really old tavern site. I’ve been playing with programs on my Deus ll and I’ve taken a liking to my equinox 800 again after some great beach hunts this past summer, I’ll post those separately.
3 of us have really beaten the Christmas out of one of our larger permissions and I am reduced to hitting the heavy iron in the house’s footprint and the old blacksmith shop so D buckles and big iron are the norm and I think only two silver coins, 1884 seated dime and a 1892 Barber dime, also, one copper not pictured ( smoked draped bust) and the one pictured is a 1841 I think. I also hit our secret militia camp for the first time in a few years…….. anyway, here’s the junk, I hope to have some better stuff to look at from our hunting camp property that has a couple virgin cellars we’ve just only poked at.
Thanks for watching

Attachments

• IMG_2065.jpeg
    IMG_2065.jpeg
    852.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1939.jpeg
    IMG_1939.jpeg
    813.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_1942.jpeg
    IMG_1942.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1127.jpeg
    IMG_1127.jpeg
    403.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1192.jpeg
    IMG_1192.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1981.jpeg
    IMG_1981.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1982.jpeg
    IMG_1982.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1216.jpeg
    IMG_1216.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2025.jpeg
    IMG_2025.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2060.jpeg
    IMG_2060.jpeg
    940.4 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2059.jpeg
    IMG_2059.jpeg
    989.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2039.jpeg
    IMG_2039.jpeg
    822.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2041.jpeg
    IMG_2041.jpeg
    597.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2042.jpeg
    IMG_2042.jpeg
    857.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2024.jpeg
    IMG_2024.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Upvote 26
Most of our good field permissions are cut except the really old tavern site. I’ve been playing with programs on my Deus ll and I’ve taken a liking to my equinox 800 again after some great beach hunts this past summer, I’ll post those separately.
3 of us have really beaten the Christmas out of one of our larger permissions and I am reduced to hitting the heavy iron in the house’s footprint and the old blacksmith shop so D buckles and big iron are the norm and I think only two silver coins, 1884 seated dime and a 1892 Barber dime, also, one copper not pictured ( smoked draped bust) and the one pictured is a 1841 I think. I also hit our secret militia camp for the first time in a few years…….. anyway, here’s the junk, I hope to have some better stuff to look at from our hunting camp property that has a couple virgin cellars we’ve just only poked at.
Thanks for watching
great saves!! and looks like a blast. I'm partial to the IHP, seated and crotal bell but they are all very cool. wtg and thanks for posting.

Awesome saves!

3rd pic looks to be a rifle sling hook or a sword belt hook.
I think it is a rifle sling hook, it was found at a militia camp where I’ve found several militia buttons. I have an original Watervleit sling that was on my Norris and Clement rifle musket when I bought it and it’s a close match but not exact. I could be a different contractor or a hook for something else.

Attachments

• IMG_2062.jpeg
    IMG_2062.jpeg
    646 KB · Views: 6
The “pocketknife” appears to be/have a combo gut hook. Still made today, designed to pull the guts (through the rear) of game birds.
I was torn between gut hook and some folks said button hook, but where I found it, gut hook makes a lot more sense. Thank you

NICE FINDS Joe !1

Thanks for watching
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back