spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see the ladies reading this post, but few, if any, will add to the list.

For the most part these were always stupid little bets that you would make to prove that you were adventurous. If I'm not mistaken my first venture into eating something daring wasn't even on a bet, it was just out of curiosity. I had to be 4, maybe 5 when I first tasted fish food. Yup, those little boxes of Tetra Goldfish food filled with dessicated insects. Yup, it tasted nasty, like dirty sand.

When we got older and were into dares, I had my first dog biscuit. It's no wonder why dogs salivate so much, those things are drier than the Sahara Desert. I can't really remember the taste, just the dryness of them. I still wonder to this day if they had any nutritional value to them :dontknow:

So, what did you partake in on a dare?

Brings back memories.

Dog food, cat food, dirt, night crawlers, and drank raw eggs because we thought it would make us muscle men.

I'll try to think of more.

I distinctly remember eating dirt when little. I thought it had to be edible since it was the earth...I ate a sizable mouthful. I spit it out after a few seconds and ran to rinse out my mouth. :icon_scratch:

Apparently, I had more sense as a kid. However, later on, I got the idea to be the first guy to invent a beer float. Ice cream in a glass of beer. I found out why nobody ever did that before. One day I came in and started eating out of a box of crackers that were on the table. They seemed a little tougher than normal, but I got down 3 of them, until the wife came home and told me they were for the dog. (Always read the label, good advice)

Flakes of lead-based paint flaking from the house , ham rind that had been put out in the dog scrap bowl (salty,but good) , boogers .
Fresh dug indian turnip (ya won't try that nasty sob the second time).
Curdled cow's milk .
Tar bubbles with rain water in them from a roof or a road .
Molasses balls picked out of cow or horse sweetfeed (great , especially if you had a handfull of coarse white salt to dip your tongue in to 'season' them ).
Chewin tobacco , well chewed and swallowed (another 'one time only' culinary experience ).
Crow , the real bird . Trust me , they ain't fit to eat .

truckinbutch said:
Flakes of lead-based paint flaking from the house , ham rind that had been put out in the dog scrap bowl (salty,but good) , boogers .
Fresh dug indian turnip (ya won't try that nasty sob the second time).
Curdled cow's milk .
Molasses balls picked out of cow or horse sweetfeed (great , especially if you had a handfull of coarse white salt to dip your tongue in to 'season' them ).
Chewin tobacco , well chewed and swallowed (another 'one time only' culinary experience ).

Just a hunch, but was the lead-based paint the FIRST of the rest mentioned?? :tongue3: ::) :D

I'm female.....I don't think I was ever daring enough to try something I knew wasn't going to be good going down....but I can't help but pass along a story from someone I know.... :laughing9:

Everyone sees them and pays little attention to them, 'cause they are everywhere. You know the little white packets found in packages/boxes/certain packaged foods (they feel like little moth balls, some feel like a little packet of salt) that say "do not eat" well, I had a friend driving over the Grapevine (I5) here in CA late at night....and ate the "do not eat" white packet out of a beef jerky bag. I can see how it could happen, its dark, thinking it's small chuck of jerky...... and turns out your mouth, tongue and throat will swell BIG time. Just a suggestion - but seriously, don't eat those!

Noodle said:
Pickled pigs feet. I loved 'em! Wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole now!
We did and still do make them from scratch . Love em .
Mebbie goes back to the paint chips ? :laughing9:

truckinbutch said:
Mebbie goes back to the paint chips ? :laughing9:

You do have to admit those paint chips did taste good. Maybe it was the lead in the paint :dontknow:

Earwigs
wacko3.gif

From 'Butch:

Curdled cow's milk .

Let me guess, Butch. You lived about 3 miles off the main gravel road, didn't you?..... ;D :D :wink: Sweet!!!

Noodle said:
From 'Butch:

Curdled cow's milk .

Let me guess, Butch. You lived about 3 miles off the main gravel road, didn't you?..... ;D :D :wink: Sweet!!!
:tongue3: Better'n 4 . Bible salesmen couldn't even find the place . Waist deep snow to wade through , uphill both ways , to get to school and back . On the coldest nights we wet the bed just to stay warm :tongue3:
Back to you .

I hate to ask this, but I will... Anyone ever try roadkill :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back