Stopped at a sporting goods store on my way home...

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just in Minnesota for the last few days and on the way back to Iowa My wife and I stopped at Gander Mountain to see what ammo they have. I didn't see to many pistol ammo but there was a few rifle ammo boxes and hundreds of shotgun ammo. I still can't find any Remington .22 golden bullet 550 packs. All I can find is expensive rounds.

I did find something else though. As I was leaving the ammo area I looked at one of the end caps and saw packages of tannerite. I bought up a few boxes and am excited to try it out. I know my friends will be excited to once I tell them. I think I will hold on to some for "special" occasions. Or maybe I wont even tell them and mix some up the next time we shoot and suprise the crap out my pals.

also I picked up some cheap 30-30 rounds for 12 dollars a box.

Do yourself a favor and buy every round of ammunition that Y'all can. I have been told that Walmart is out of AK 47 rounds? Be proactive and protect yourself from thy neighbor (he has a bigger Gun than you) and get all the rounds of ammunition before "They" do.

Dude thats enough of making fun of us for wanting to protect our selves. We get your point. All I was trying to say with my post is ammo is still loww and I bought some sweet tannerite that I didn't know they even sold in store.

Also I see you use a Bounty Hunter, what machine do you use? I have a quick draw 2 that I got when I was 16, so like 12 years ago.

arnofarrell , I've heard that tannerite is is pretty crazy stuff . Saw a couple videos on Youtube .
The ammo situation is the same here in Pa. Looks like the local groundhog population will get a little break this coming summer .

Do yourself a favor and buy every round of ammunition that Y'all can. I have been told that Walmart is out of AK 47 rounds? Be proactive and protect yourself from thy neighbor (he has a bigger Gun than you) and get all the rounds of ammunition before "They" do.

This is so funny in its ignorance. I think I will go and ask for AK47 rounds! That should bring a laugh for awhile.

Way to make fun of people while not knowing what the heck you are talking about!

I'm curious. Is 22LR ammo hard to get in Canada?
Luckily I have thousands of 22LR stashed away. I'm now buying up 22 shorts to use for plinking with grandkids.....lot cheaper.

Dude thats enough of making fun of us for wanting to protect our selves. We get your point. All I was trying to say with my post is ammo is still loww and I bought some sweet tannerite that I didn't know they even sold in store.

Peace brother. I just can't fathom (not saying you) why some people feel the need to have a crap load of guns and thousands of rounds on hand to protect themselves. I just seems that some people think that they need to have an arsenal to defend themselves. Is it because they have a problem of shooting straight or is just fear and paranoia? Honestly, there is only one John Rambo on this planet and if highly trained government agents wanted to get anyone for some reason, they would. If people love to target shoot as I do, go ahead, buy some bulk ammo and fire away. Every gun owner should practice using their firearms regularly in order to gain experience and develop a healthy respect for firearm safety. I know that there is a very high volume of people out there that have no business owning a gun due their ignorance of the responsibility and the respect that one should have regarding owning, operating firearms. Now add drugs and alcohol into the equation and undoubtedly there will be shootings. Shootings of responsible, innocent people by drunk, stoned idiots or shootings by responsible, innocent, people trying to defend themselves against drunk, stoned idiots with guns. Now let's play out the same scenario with these drunk, stoned idiots having semi autos with high volume clips? I'm sorry if i offended you in any way. My post was directed towards all the "Rambo" types out there.

Also I see you use a Bounty Hunter, what machine do you use? I have a quick draw 2 that I got when I was 16, so like 12 years ago.

I've been using the Discovery 2200 and have found some neat things with it. I Will be armed with my new AT PRO come Spring. I needed a water machine and decided to go with the Garrett AT PRO.

Luckily I have thousands of 22LR stashed away. I'm now buying up 22 shorts to use for plinking with grandkids.....lot cheaper.

There is no shortage of ammunition in Ontario or the rest of Canada that I am currently aware of. 22LR ammo is just as easy to get as the shorts are.

Here are a couple videos from Youtube- Now these aren't just videos that I found, I was shooting the Tannerite in this video. It was AWESOME!!! I kinda felt like........ Rambo :) And just so you know, the cab of that truck was in very good shape prior to that shot!

This is so funny in its ignorance. I think I will go and ask for AK47 rounds! That should bring a laugh for awhile.

Way to make fun of people while not knowing what the heck you are talking about!

The only reason why I mentioned AK 47 rounds is that one of the members was whining on another thread about Walmart not having any available for sale. If anything, they should buy the new and improved killing machine that is the AK 12.

Dude thats enough of making fun of us for wanting to protect our selves. We get your point.
I find it funny that the two trolls in this forum have so much to say about how Americans live their lives yet they live in another country.

Great way to inspire the children of a Nation.:icon_thumleft: Another responsible gun owner.

Thanks! We did have a couple spectators out there watching whilst enjoying their falafels. It was a great way to spend a day with the family....wait, were you being facetious?

Thanks! We did have a couple spectators out there watching whilst enjoying their falafels. It was a great way to spend a day with the family....wait, were you being facetious?

He was just trying to get a rise out of you by insulting you, gun owners and your country. It is a national inferiority complex that I have seen pop up from time to time.
He must be upset about all of that Canada bashing you have done. (Now I'M being facetious) :D

Just put him on ignore and his cries for attention go unanswered. I did it a long time ago, and the funny thing is, I'm not even curious what he posts, only mildly amused at the situations they "pop up" in. It speaks volumes.

Peace brother. I just can't fathom (not saying you) why some people feel the need to have a crap load of guns and thousands of rounds on hand to protect themselves. I just seems that some people think that they need to have an arsenal to defend themselves. Is it because they have a problem of shooting straight or is just fear and paranoia? Honestly, there is only one John Rambo on this planet and if highly trained government agents wanted to get anyone for some reason, they would. If people love to target shoot as I do, go ahead, buy some bulk ammo and fire away. Every gun owner should practice using their firearms regularly in order to gain experience and develop a healthy respect for firearm safety. I know that there is a very high volume of people out there that have no business owning a gun due their ignorance of the responsibility and the respect that one should have regarding owning, operating firearms. Now add drugs and alcohol into the equation and undoubtedly there will be shootings. Shootings of responsible, innocent people by drunk, stoned idiots or shootings by responsible, innocent, people trying to defend themselves against drunk, stoned idiots with guns. Now let's play out the same scenario with these drunk, stoned idiots having semi autos with high volume clips? I'm sorry if i offended you in any way. My post was directed towards all the "Rambo" types out there.

some how you don't get it. As stated in previous threads some of us buy guns for investment A sks several years ago sold for 95$ now they can reach 400$ Bushmasters were just above 1000$ now 1700 and up. I have several 44's still in the box from 1958. 75% up. The same with ammo.
Buying and selling weapons is a lucrative business. Cash is king not the King's.
By the way how many doors to your house? I have 6 so how many guns do you think I have? Why run ?

Why do some people feel it is their job to question and mock what other people legally own? I only own 5 guns myself, but 5 or 50 as long as we are not breaking the law, it is our right to own as many guns and as much ammo as we choose to own....

2nd Amendment has no exclusionary clause in it......

Last edited:
Why do some people feel it is their job to question and mock what other people legally own? I only own 5 guns myself, but 5 or 50 as long as we are not breaking the law, it is our right to own as many guns and as much ammo as we choose to own....

2nd Amendment has no exclusionary clause in it......

Ignorance, sociopolitical conditioning and fear of inanimate objects usually. And then there are those who cannot have them. So they feel that nobody else should.

The same people can't understand when I ask them why they have more than one screwdriver.

Last time I bought 22 shorts, they were more expensive than 22 long's. :icon_scratch: ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back