Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings friends.
I have been hitting several old farmstead sites and found a few goodies. The medium sized copper is an 1835 British Farther [1/4 Penny] and the 1816 Kreuzer is an Austrian coin.
Sure hope we have more warm weather before the ground freezes.
Best luck to all, Merf

Attachments

• Fall  - 2008 020.jpg
    Fall - 2008 020.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 1,510
  • Fall  - 2008 017.jpg
    Fall - 2008 017.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 1,498
  • Fall  - 2008 025.jpg
    Fall - 2008 025.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 1,470
  • Fall  - 2008 039.jpg
    Fall - 2008 039.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,471
  • Fall  - 2008 041.jpg
    Fall - 2008 041.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 1,436
  • Fall  - 2008 002.jpg
    Fall - 2008 002.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 1,435
  • Fall  - 2008 028.jpg
    Fall - 2008 028.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,426
  • Fall  - 2008 030.jpg
    Fall - 2008 030.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,411
  • Fall  - 2008 043.jpg
    Fall - 2008 043.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 1,401
  • Fall  - 2008 032.jpg
    Fall - 2008 032.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 1,389
  • Fall  - 2008 042.jpg
    Fall - 2008 042.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 1,372
  • Fall  - 2008 035.jpg
    Fall - 2008 035.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 1,359
Upvote 0
Mr_Mojo_Risin said:
Great finds- the 3 cent silver is crazy-looking!

Thanks MoJo :thumbsup: The 3 cent is cracked and bent just like the other one I found.
Damage from the plow I think.

Thanks Glen :thumbsup:

Thanks CJH :thumbsup: I have been too busy hunting to post.

Thanks Bob :thumbsup:

Thanks MM :thumbsup:

Man nice stuff!!!I really like that Tongue and Wreath buckle Tongue!!!!Want to sell it?

fortbball9 said:
they are some very nice finds you have there :occasion14:
them Injuns are awesome any old coin is a plus. :thumbsup:
All of yours has pretty good detail also to have been dug. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Congrats!!!!!

fortbball9

Thanks Fortball :thumbsup:---Most of the copper coins had a ride in the tumbler to make them readable.

Thanks Countrydancer :thumbsup:

Thanks Daytondigger :thumbsup:

Thanks Joe :thumbsup:---Those old motorcycle license plates are cool.

Thanks Chris :thumbsup: Those finds are from quite a few hunts.
Since the harvest began I have been in overdrive. :icon_sunny: ;D

Thanks Baggins :thumbsup:

Thanks Nick :thumbsup: I have found a few good spots. :icon_sunny: :-* :-* :-* :-*

Thanks Rogerdodger :thumbsup:

Thanks Detectingfreak :thumbsup:

Thanks Bulgarian :thumbsup:

Thanks Civilman :thumbsup: The 3 cent piece is an 1863---I can just make out the date with the right lighting and magnification.

Thanks Nate :thumbsup:

Thanks Plehbah :thumbsup:

Thanks Timeforme :thumbsup:

Thanks Crusader :thumbsup:----That Farther had a long ride in the rock tumbler to make it readable.

Thanks Collector :thumbsup:

Thanks Allen :thumbsup:

kuger said:
Man nice stuff!!!I really like that Tongue and Wreath buckle Tongue!!!!Want to sell it?

Thanks Kugar :thumbsup: I have no idea of the age or the value of the buckle tongue.
It looks to be well made.

Its hard to say the age?T&W buckles were popular civilian wear from the 1850's.Yours appears to be cast brass,they were either cast or stamped brass which is flimsier.Yours also was most likely a womens buckle and by the looks of it had a large wreath.....too bad you never found the wreath,I would check the area it came from!

Very nice finds Merf. You sure made a great haul there. Thanks for sharing the goodies with us.

DANGLANGLEY

DANGLANGLEY said:
Very nice finds Merf. You sure made a great haul there. Thanks for sharing the goodies with us.

DANGLANGLEY

Thanks Danglangley :thumbsup:

Wow, Merf, outstanding! Love the assorted coins and all the relics. In the last pic what does the ring say, "Hall of _______", Chicago? Can't quite make it out.

HH

Michiganne said:
Wow, Merf, outstanding! Love the assorted coins and all the relics. In the last pic what does the ring say, "Hall of _______", Chicago? Can't quite make it out.

HH

Thanks Michiganne :thumbsup:---The ring says Hall of Science, Chicago,--From the 1930s I think.

kimsdad said:
Wow Merf!! You sure find the coolest stuff!! ;D

There isn't one picture that didn't amaze me! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Kimsdad :thumbsup:---I have had some good luck this fall.
P.S.----Many hours and several sites.

Awesome finds. I especially like the motor bicycle tag. :thumbsup: but I wouldn't say no to any of them ;D

Is that a pocket watch winder on the right in 2nd to last pic?

Mike

Those are some darn nice finds. Those fields you are searching must cover an old abandoned town site huh? Love that silver 3 cent piece. Way to go. Hope that the cold weather holds off for you and me. :icon_king:

trikikiwi said:
Awesome finds. I especially like the motor bicycle tag. :thumbsup: but I wouldn't say no to any of them ;D

Is that a pocket watch winder on the right in 2nd to last pic?

Mike

Thanks Mike :thumbsup:---I think that is a watch winder---Sure wish I could have found the watch ;D

nebstater said:
Those are some darn nice finds. Those fields you are searching must cover an old abandoned town site huh? Love that silver 3 cent piece. Way to go. Hope that the cold weather holds off for you and me. :icon_king:

Thanks Nebstater :thumbsup:---The finds are from several sites within Dekalb county.
Each site was a farmhouse and sometimes a barn which existed in 1871 but is just farm field now.
Supposed to be a cold week here. [Long johns and coveralls] ;D

Good god man - I need to get my rear out to some old farmsteads!!! Congrats on all of your great finds!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TreasureFiend said:
Good god man - I need to get my rear out to some old farmsteads!!! Congrats on all of your great finds!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
\

Thanks Treasurefiend :thumbsup:

I suck :crybaby2:
that tag tumbled up GREAT :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back