Silver from field.

Glassdigger

Apr 27, 2012
Tarlton Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Garrett AT Pro, White's Sierra Madre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Sunday was really cold and windy. It was 16 degrees when we got to the corn field. This field had a few dwellings in the early 1800's. Once was a town. I was feeling a little nutty being out in such weather but we've been dying to hunt this one ever since they cut the corn. My hunting partner got on the board first with a 1789 half reale. About twenty minutes later my E-trac screamed 12:46. I thought maybe it was going to be another largie. this field has given up five already. Not a largie! It is this 1833 capped bust dime in amazing condition!

Attachments

• Capped bust front.jpg
    Capped bust front.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Bust reverse1.jpg
    Bust reverse1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 29
That's a beautiful dime! Finds like that make hunting is the freeze worth it

Wow that is smoking ! they don't get better than that! being a cold weather trooper paid off. Congrats!

Nice coin. Worth the cold as long as not to windy.
The only thing about hunting in that weather, and I just mentioned this to my hunting partner, that if any one sees you, they are sure to think you must be making a fortune out there.

Incredible dime. Got a few seateds but never a capped. Awesome find. Congrats.:icon_thumleft:

Wow!! Most excellent! Congrats to your partner also. U forget about cold with finds like that! Congrats

I bet you weren't cold anymore , after finding this one. LOL :)

Nice of them to take it out of the bank and direct deposit it in the ground. ;)

WTG!

WOW Thats AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I vote BANNER!!!!

Whoa! Glassdigger the detail on that capped bust dime is incredible !!!!! Congrats! That must have warmed you right up!

Wow! That is a beautiful dime! Its in really good condition. I wish you would also post a picture of your friends 1789 half reale. Good research pays off! I live in Pennsylvania and we hunt in the cold too! We go out out in all weather conditions rain, snow, cold, hot, dry. I bet you and your buddy will be visiting that field again! Great find, glhh!

Great save! Those CB coins are hard to find. Took me 20 years to dig my first one, then got my second one this year.

Cheers,

Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back