Silver from field.

Glassdigger

Apr 27, 2012
Tarlton Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Garrett AT Pro, White's Sierra Madre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Sunday was really cold and windy. It was 16 degrees when we got to the corn field. This field had a few dwellings in the early 1800's. Once was a town. I was feeling a little nutty being out in such weather but we've been dying to hunt this one ever since they cut the corn. My hunting partner got on the board first with a 1789 half reale. About twenty minutes later my E-trac screamed 12:46. I thought maybe it was going to be another largie. this field has given up five already. Not a largie! It is this 1833 capped bust dime in amazing condition!

Attachments

• Capped bust front.jpg
    Capped bust front.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Bust reverse1.jpg
    Bust reverse1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 230
Upvote 29
Sweet find. Don't mind the cold, but the snow here is at 10 inches already.

It's my second one this year. My first one came from a cellar hole this spring. It was an 1833 with the raised three also. What are the chances?

Beautiful dime! All this talk about frozen ground makes me feel blessed to be in NC!

Awesome find! Looks like an 1833 Last "3" High, Red Book puts it at $300 in EF.

Holy crap.....that's a great dime!

Thank you for showing us that! We don't get to see those very often. That eagle has got to be one of the most beautiful on any coin. It looks as if it is about to swoop down on an enemy of The States, doesn't it? I'd say you were more than rewarded for braving the conditions.

That is one sweet dime

Great looking coin !

Where is all the other stuff ? :dontknow:

Acres of field loaded with years of stuff , mostly farm iron and junk , and ya' come back with one coin ,

something wrong with that . :icon_scratch: Not saying it's not possible , saying not likely. Take notice , one item and it's a coin , does'nt happen for most here . :dontknow:

Very nice finds there friend congrats to ya :thumbsup:

Really nice!
Bet your blood pumped a little harder and warmed you up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back