peanut

Apr 19, 2009
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SILVER at 1830's homesite

Me and my huntin buddy Randy (randyinarkansas) have been hunting this 1830's homesite for a while now and have found some nice stuff to include: 2 large cents, several buttons, and lots of non metalic items like bone dominoes, clay pipes, and lots of other stuff, but today i finally found some silver that i knew would be there.

1838 O Half Dime without stars and in exellent condition...only 70,000 were minted i have enclosed a computer scan of the coin.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,973
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,964
Upvote 0
Re: BANNER FIND!!!!!!!! Updated Pics of the 1838 O Half Dime..only 70,000 minted

Nova said:
How often do we see a half dime found on this forum. (SELDOM) I have never found one in the 12 years of detecting, I'm sure not many have either. GREAT, GREAT FIND :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :headbang: :headbang: Also I am fairly new the forum, I am not sure if you have a certain amount of posts to make banner.

My team and I have found 8 Seated Half Dimes in just under 2 years. They are not as uncommon as you might think. They were lost quite frequently--now Seated Halves are another story. If you coinshoot in terms of discrimination settings, the half dimes may read like aluminum, so that might be part of the issue.

Regards,

Buckles

Re: SILVER at 1830's homesite

Just reliving the dream!!

nice half dime :icon_thumleft: hope there is one out there for me somewere :-\ MR TUFF

ding ding ding!!! ill take it!

Nice half dime, peanut ..I couldn't read all the posts but saw a few about halfdime ,seldom finds . I posted a thread last week with an 1853 Arrows half dime ..got a few yawns ,like 1200 ::) , 33 , actually like it ..greatful 4 the comments , ..that is the way it is ,dude ...I like half dimes very much ,and they are quite a thrill to find !! That is worth more than red book prices . :headbang: CMD

No matter the value, I am sure you hold it in high regard. The value it holds to you personally is far greater than any value a book can put on it. Congrats a SWEET find!! :icon_thumright:

banner or no banner still i nice coin! ive never seen one without stars. it looks cool. willy

That is a beauty :icon_thumleft: i have never seen one dug with out stars, the only half dime i found was a 1850 with stars last year .Good find Dd60

Awesome find congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back