Show off yer sluice

..waiting to trade-up to a Bazooka Prospector

My Keene A52 has worked wonders for me so far this season. Either move on and get the legs/main body support for the A52 or a new toy; a 30"Bazooka Prospector. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
I do not have any pictures yet, nor have I tested, but here is how I designed my fluid bed. I used stiff but flexible 3/4"pvc spa hose for the tubes. Oversized holes were drilled in the conventional pattern to accept short pieces of 1/8" ID drip irrigation rigid riser tube. The main tubes were inserted into the box with holes up and then I friction fit the short straws into them, rotated the tube downward and adjusted the straws so that the water will spurt out at or near the bottom of the box to spread out laterally before rising.* This will roughly duplicate water actually rising through the bottom of the box to keep the material active. I am convinced that this design will work as well as and probably better than those of conventional design. If any fine gold escapes from this box then it would from one of conventional design too.

*The top of my box is removable and held in place by tool box latches.

I do not have any pictures yet, nor have I tested, but here is how I designed my fluid bed. I used stiff but flexible 3/4"pvc spa hose for the tubes. Oversized holes were drilled in the conventional pattern to accept short pieces of 1/8" ID drip irrigation rigid riser tube. The main tubes were inserted into the box with holes up and then I friction fit the short straws into them, rotated the tube downward and adjusted the straws so that the water will spurt out at or near the bottom of the box to spread out laterally before rising.* This will roughly duplicate water actually rising through the bottom of the box to keep the material active. I am convinced that this design will work as well as and probably better than those of conventional design. If any fine gold escapes from this box then it would from one of conventional design too. *The top of my box is removable and held in place by tool box latches.
A picture is worth a 2000 words.

I do not have any pictures yet, nor have I tested, but here is how I designed my fluid bed. I used stiff but flexible 3/4"pvc spa hose for the tubes. Oversized holes were drilled in the conventional pattern to accept short pieces of 1/8" ID drip irrigation rigid riser tube. The main tubes were inserted into the box with holes up and then I friction fit the short straws into them, rotated the tube downward and adjusted the straws so that the water will spurt out at or near the bottom of the box to spread out laterally before rising.* This will roughly duplicate water actually rising through the bottom of the box to keep the material active. I am convinced that this design will work as well as and probably better than those of conventional design. If any fine gold escapes from this box then it would from one of conventional design too.

*The top of my box is removable and held in place by tool box latches.

Here are the pictures and some details.
Descriptions from left to right: Where is the gold? Behind that mountain. Chamber with tubes and straws visible. Sluice with grizzley top off and then with it on. The scoop/ flare is detachable too. 1/4" alum. bar grizzly with a little narrower gap. Construction is mostly of self leveling epoxy sealed plywood.

Attachments

• 2014-03-01 18.16.03.jpg
    2014-03-01 18.16.03.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 2014-03-11 17.11.06.jpg
    2014-03-11 17.11.06.jpg
    204.5 KB · Views: 195
  • 2014-03-11 17.21.26.jpg
    2014-03-11 17.21.26.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 283
  • 2014-03-11 17.24.35.jpg
    2014-03-11 17.24.35.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 327
  • 2014-03-11 17.27.40.jpg
    2014-03-11 17.27.40.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 330
How bout a pair of bazookas!!!?!!

image-1500619216.jpg

All these fluid bed have got me thinging. What about building a highbanker hopper 36" long with spray bars in the top 24" then a fluid bed before every thing boils down into the sluice? seems like a good way to sample an area with out doing a full clean out. I hate when I rough sample an area, find gold, then wish I ran the material through my highbanker. I am in the middle of getting the material together a build a 8" wide 10' long highbanker ran with a 2" pump at. I am going to build the riffles out of 3/4" angle iron with 1 1/2" space from down stream edge to up stream edge and a 15 degree upstream angle. despite being narrow, it should handle a lot of material and water at a fairly high rate compared to hungarians. you have to run clarkston riffles real hot or the vortex wont build but it pays off.

Picked up my new 48" miner from the GREAT guys at Bazooka Gold Co! Many results to come...:)
image.jpg in front of 33" tire..

Congrats, that thing looks BIG!

The shop is pretty cool isn't it?

It's kinda funny, I was out in the garage this morning, looking at my 36" prospector as compared to my 30" sniper and couldn't help but think, damn that prospector is big....but seeing the miner surely puts it all in perspective. Great purchase I'm sure!!

Thanks fellas, pretty stoked on it! Plans to get this 5 tube fluid bed MONSTER in the water tomorrow with my buddy Aufisher and hopefully Goldwasher can make it too:occasion14: Gonna be sweet to dump a full 5 gal bucket load on the top plate at once and let it sort it's self out while we keep diggin more, or both shovel directly into it if conditions are right. Will check back in sometime after tomorrow with results!
image.jpg 24" super mini on top of 36" prospector on top of 48" miner for perspective..

Nice collection buddy!

Guess who's Jelly?

Yeah, that's me! Love that Miner! I would have gotten that one but I was afraid I wouldnt be able to pick it up by myself :)
Great collection!

Good thing Hangtowndiggins has lots of friends to help carry that beast!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back