Short hunt in Philadelphia church, cool brooch.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got permission from Vino to hunt at one of the churches we did together in April. I could not get up there until 11;00, had some things I needed to take care of. I found this then had to run.

Thanks for looking
HH
Brad

Attachments

• SAM_0558.JPG
    SAM_0558.JPG
    352.4 KB · Views: 158
  • SAM_0559.JPG
    SAM_0559.JPG
    297.8 KB · Views: 133
  • SAM_0560.JPG
    SAM_0560.JPG
    363.8 KB · Views: 141
  • SAM_0561.JPG
    SAM_0561.JPG
    277 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 10
Nice find! What do you do hunt and run!!!?

Once again, you have gone and found something really cool. Congrats.

Philadelphia is such a historic city, id kill to find a spot or two to hit down there, even though its about a 2.5 hr drive for me lol

Thanks guys, I headed home and hit my lake, just getting ready to post that thread!

busy busy guy, another nice find

Philadelphia is such a historic city, id kill to find a spot or two to hit down there, even though its about a 2.5 hr drive for me lol

It sure would be nice to get an invitation from the City of Brotherly Love, wouldn't it, Chris?:tongue3::laughing7:

Nice find, Treb!

It sure would be nice to get an invitation from the City of Brotherly Love, wouldn't it, Chris?:tongue3::laughing7:

Nice find, Treb!
Yes sir! Can u imagine finding a coin or relic that was possibly in the hands of Ben franklin? Philadelphia is such a major city in the history of this country, the possibilities are endless!

Nice find, Treb!

Yes sir! Can u imagine finding a coin or relic that was possibly in the hands of Ben franklin? Philadelphia is such a major city in the history of this country, the possibilities are endless!

Funny you should mention Philly. Waaaaaay back when I started, I spent many hours in Centennial Park. The finds were great and the possibilities seemed endless!!

Funny you should mention Philly. Waaaaaay back when I started, I spent many hours in Centennial Park. The finds were great and the possibilities seemed endless!!

That's gotta be tough to compare what you used to be able to find, to what you're able to find now. 30-40 yrs of people owning detectors probly has something to do with that. But I suppose the challenge of finding keepers nowadays makes the hunt more enjoyable?

Thoughts?

"30-40 yrs of people owning detectors......"

I blame this for why I haven't found silver older than 20th century, lol!
I apologise to Treb for deviating from his original post.

Nice Quick hitter my friend. I love seeing things that are a bit out of the norm. You dirty Coin Licker you lol

Thanks to all you good people,I enjoy the banter!

Yes j suppose my question hijacked his thread....sorry bout that!

At the risk of making this a complete hijack of treblehunter's post. I'll just finish my thought with this.

Yes, back then in that other millennium, the finds were relatively dripping out of the ground! Just ask anyone who had the pleasure of hunting then and now. LOL

I was afraid that when I finally did get back into the hobby there would be nothing to find. I was wrong! Research still works.

One thing though, I do think I've crossed some sort of border of decomposition though. For example, I found a two cent piece back then that although it was green, it was and still is a BEAUTIFUL coin!! I'm really beginning to believe that we are all running out of time to find a decent coin. Sure, some silver/gold coins will still be good. But, copper/brass/etc? I think the extra 50 years is getting to be too long for any of them. :dontknow:

Sorry treblehunter, I just bet that brooch was a beauty in it's day!

I'll stop now.

Yes j suppose my question hijacked his thread....sorry bout that!

I don't want to speak for my buddy here but I believe these threads take a natural course and that's the way it's supposed to be. Hijacking would be intentionally stealing the spotlight in my opinion. I love when these take an interesting course

I said it before, I'll say it again, my only regret in life at this point is I wasn't detecting in the late sixties on until now

I said it before, I'll say it again, my only regret in life at this point is I wasn't detecting in the late sixties on until now

Amen, Treb! My father and I talked about buying a detector in the 70's, but unfortunately, it never happened. He and I never did much together and he passed away a few years ago. A detector might have brought us closer and given us memories together.

Anyone out there know of any time limit on brass/bronze/copper coins in the ground? I mean, I know different soil conditions and all that, but is there a time when copper just starts to really degrade in the ground? Akin to the white patina of the lead bullets? :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back