Sending New Nokta Score in Jacksonville, FL - Anyone in the area?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm sending a new Nokta Score to a combat veteran in Jacksonville ( md4v.org ). If you are in the area and would volunteer to show this new hobbyist the basics of digging a plug and so on, please get in touch. I'm going to ask him to get one of his children to film his review of the machine after he uses it for 50-hours or so - should be interesting. God Bless! - Terry

I'm sending a new Nokta Score to a combat veteran in Jacksonville ( md4v.org ). If you are in the area and would volunteer to show this new hobbyist the basics of digging a plug and so on, please get in touch. I'm going to ask him to get one of his children to film his review of the machine after he uses it for 50-hours or so - should be interesting. God Bless! - Terry
It's nice of you to be doing this. People often fail to understand how something like a metal detector helps people with depression and anxiety. If you "get in the zone" when out metal detecting your focus is on the machine and learning it's unique language. All that focus on something else other than what you are worried or stressed about inside is very therapeutic. For those that do not suffer from depression, anxiety, and PTSD they have no idea what it's like. Anxiety becomes a stronger adversary when a mind is idle and it loves to gain your full attention by injecting fear and self-doubt. Depression also thrives on having someone's undivided attention. PTSD is a greater crippler of the mind, body, and soul.
Metal detecting can be that tool to take someone's mind to a different mode of operation that doesn't further empower anxiety and depression. It's hard for these adversaries to flourish when your mind is in a totally different place thinking, working, learning, and experiencing something different. The only other obstacle would be patience. We ALL struggle with that at times. If one place is getting on your nerves due to whatever reason simply go to another one. However, do work towards overcoming that difficult site in the future. That too is a way to reprogram your brain to see YES you CAN overcome that difficulty and you did it on your own. It is a different journey for everyone though, and there are different levels of the conditions. One thing for certain Anxiety, Depression, and PTSD are very real enemies but they don't have to win. Never give up on yourself and never let something deprive you of happiness and peace. Prayer is a very strong medicine, and it is important to understand no matter what faith you are or aren't you are still important and valuable in the eyes of the creator. Never let anyone tell you that you aren't.
I wish them all the best and hope they can find some positive happy things coming from metal detecting. I know it sure has been a helpful tool for me.
Hopefully this will not be too heavy of a post, but felt compelled to share a little in the hopes it would help someone else who may have one or all of the mentioned baddies in their lives now or at some point int he past. Maybe it is a relative of yours or a friend. But realize the more they push you away the more they say that is hurtful to you, just know inside they really don't want to do that. It's the conditions exerting their control, because the more they can isolate that person the stronger Anxiety, Depression, and PTSD become over that person. Be patient with them , say and do things to make them laugh or smile. Let them know you're there to support them. Whent he time comes they will be ready to talk, but never push it. Just be a positive influence for them and a lifter of spirits. That goes a long way too.

God Bless You Brother! On Point!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back