Little Mill

Mountaineer2020

Jul 5, 2020
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab gs3000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Finally got my test batch mill put together. Runs from hopper to vevor conveyor to action hammer mill to an rp4 shaker. Only runs 150 lbs an hour but good enough for batch tests. Action hammer mill was used and ended up having to hard face the surfaces because the metal wore through and it was spewing water and ore out the bottom. Works good now. Pretty excited.

Attachments

• Untitled video - Made with Clipchamp (1).mp4
    12.2 MB
Finally got my test batch mill put together. Runs from hopper to vevor conveyor to action hammer mill to an rp4 shaker. Only runs 150 lbs an hour but good enough for batch tests. Action hammer mill was used and ended up having to hard face the surfaces because the metal wore through and it was spewing water and ore out the bottom. Works good now. Pretty excited.
Nice set up there. Any other details?
Thanks.

Nice set up there. Any other details?
Thanks.
forgot the vevor concrete vibrator that jiggles everything out of the vibrator. Gotta get the hopper opening just right for the ore to get the ore to go through without pouring out. Distance between conveyor and hopper is critical too. Wet ore doesn't work, maybe if there was a good sweeper on the conveyor. Size of the ore is 1/2" minus after it comes out of the goldfield orbital crusher. Ore needs to be a consistent size for the vibrating hopper conveyor method to work. Conveyor has different speed settings but even the slowest almost isn't slow enough. Water is dumped in the pipe right below the conveyor drop which occasionally splashes up to the conveyor and causes the ore to gunk up then pile over the edges. The goal is always to be able to dump the bucket and walk away. Really close just an occassional mishap. I usually work outside while it's running on a different project. Almost have a flotation tank system finished. The ore I run has 1-2 lbs of sulphides per 50 lb bucket. Not really suited to a gravity circuit so I'm hoping to add the flotation after the table. Probably send the #2 and #3 through the flotation circuit. I don't think the rp4 can handle much more of the type of ore i'm running than 150lbs an hour, maybe someone else is running more? Maybe if it was quartz gaunge and gold. Seems the riffles get covered and the sulphides could float right over the top towards the #2 and #3. One bucket really heavy with sulphides I ran the #2 five more times and each time got more sulphides out. Last time was down to a teaspoon and I called it good. Any rate I get a kick out of trying to make a better mousetrap.

Any rate I get a kick out of trying to make a better mousetrap.
Part of the enjoyment is coming up with different mousetrap settings. With sulphides there is likely to be some very fine values to fine tune set up to catch.

The courser values will have a different set up setting. This all takes time and enjoyment to catch. Some of us enjoy seeing others progress to this point. :icon_thumright:

Last edited:
forgot the vevor concrete vibrator that jiggles everything out of the vibrator. Gotta get the hopper opening just right for the ore to get the ore to go through without pouring out. Distance between conveyor and hopper is critical too. Wet ore doesn't work, maybe if there was a good sweeper on the conveyor. Size of the ore is 1/2" minus after it comes out of the goldfield orbital crusher. Ore needs to be a consistent size for the vibrating hopper conveyor method to work. Conveyor has different speed settings but even the slowest almost isn't slow enough. Water is dumped in the pipe right below the conveyor drop which occasionally splashes up to the conveyor and causes the ore to gunk up then pile over the edges. The goal is always to be able to dump the bucket and walk away. Really close just an occassional mishap. I usually work outside while it's running on a different project. Almost have a flotation tank system finished. The ore I run has 1-2 lbs of sulphides per 50 lb bucket. Not really suited to a gravity circuit so I'm hoping to add the flotation after the table. Probably send the #2 and #3 through the flotation circuit. I don't think the rp4 can handle much more of the type of ore i'm running than 150lbs an hour, maybe someone else is running more? Maybe if it was quartz gaunge and gold. Seems the riffles get covered and the sulphides could float right over the top towards the #2 and #3. One bucket really heavy with sulphides I ran the #2 five more times and each time got more sulphides out. Last time was down to a teaspoon and I called it good. Any rate I get a kick out of trying to make a better mousetrap.
The way I am understanding your posts is that your hammermill product reports directly to your shaker table without any screen classification. Maybe part of your problem is because of size disparities within your feed material.
Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back