🥇 BANNER Rt Hon Sir John Blaquiere 1st Baron de Blaquiere. wax seal or signet gold ring found

Eagle 1

Greenie
Jul 25, 2006
🥇 Banner finds
The last 2 days has been great for me. I hit a hole that just keeps on giving. The first day was 2 gold rings 2 - 14k. Day 2 was 4 rings 2 - 14k, 1 - 10k, and 1 - 18k. The lighter is very old also. 1 buff & 1 Murc. But my best fine of the day was that 18k a whopping 14.6g. It is from the 1700's to 1800's The Rt Hon Sir John Blaquiere 1st Baron de Blaquiere. wax seal or signet gold ring was found in Maine on a beach deep in the mud. Lord Belmont In Northern Ireland: 1st Baron de Blaquiere Take a look at WOW. Thanks George79 for your info. He was : The Rt Hon Sir John Blaquiere Bt KCB, 1st Baron de Blaquiere. His first name changed when he became a Baron Lord de Blaquiere. It looks like that he gave this ring to his son the 5th or the 6th William de Blaquiere. WOW I am the proud owner of a very historical ring. I have put it in a bank safe for safe keeping. This may be very valuable. The seal has "Tiens A La Verite" and wheat stalks I think. This is the best find I have ever found of historical scale. This beats out my find of my GW button last year. Only because I could find another one. But I will never find a ring like this a gain it is one of a kind. The makers mark is JW also 18 with no K that should help to date it. It reads on the inside : W. de B. from the Rt Honble - Lord de blaquiere. I hope I will find out more. Here is my photo's

Attachments

• IMG_0325.JPG
    IMG_0325.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 928
  • IMG_0339.JPG
    IMG_0339.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 994
  • IMG_0331.JPG 13.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG 13.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 3,857
  • IMG_0334.JPG 11.JPG
    IMG_0334.JPG 11.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 651
  • IMG_0335.JPG 11.JPG
    IMG_0335.JPG 11.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 592
Upvote 50
Amazing find. Banner is well deserved.

WoW! Congratulations. Research the French-Indian War and see if a family member served here during that time.

Incredible ring. Love the history. Banner vote.

Im jealous, you suck!............ No, nice Find.. :notworthy:

This is the best fund I have seen in awhile!!! Very nice give yourself like 7 pats on the back!!! Very awesome man

Nice bunch of ol' yeller there feller! The signet is one biggie and looks great! Congrats and may many more await you,HH.....

I'm just fascinated by what the story would be as to how this got lost where it did and when it happened.

" I was down at the beach today and took my ring off to put some suntan lotion on and......" Isn't that how the story goes?? :laughing7:

Seriously, NICE find!

This is by far one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen! :o
Love the look of the old style script and the detail work of the seal!
Congrats on a well deserved BANNER! :occasion14:

Dave

Now that is a well deserved banner for sure!! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back