Sep 4, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280/Anderson Detector shaft modifications
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 28
Jesus!! Some of you guys are clearly smoking crack. If you're going to try to come off as an expert you better be. That axe is 100% genuine and legit. It's not modern by any stretch of the imagination. If I'm being completely honest, anyone suggesting its fake/modern clearly knows nothing about trade axes or iron from that period....especially iron from fresh water. Perhaps some of you should take your own advice and do some research before declaring its modern. The jealousy on these forums is outright disgusting at times. I've seen enough members in the past get chased off the forum because of jealous posters attacking them or suggesting their finds are fake or not found. Does it happen, sure...but make sure you know what your talking about even remotely before beaking off about someone's finds.

Anyhow, that's a fantastic find dude!!! Don't let the haters get to you. That's a banner find all day long.

It looks 100% authentic to me, and I have worked as a professional artifact conservator. The high quality of the steel helped preserve it, compared to the much more common "blacksmith home forged" low quality iron 'hawks of the period. Very nice piece.

Beautiful piece! Your finds are typically incredible and this one is consistent. Keep them coming, always some of the most interesting early relics posted on this forum.
-Ev

Congrats on a awesome find and awesome piece of American History! You got my Banner vote and I hope to see many, many more finds from you as well!

Frank

Jesus!! Some of you guys are clearly smoking crack. If you're going to try to come off as an expert you better be. That axe is 100% genuine and legit. It's not modern by any stretch of the imagination. If I'm being completely honest, anyone suggesting its fake/modern clearly knows nothing about trade axes or iron from that period....especially iron from fresh water. Perhaps some of you should take your own advice and do some research before declaring its modern. The jealousy on these forums is outright disgusting at times. I've seen enough members in the past get chased off the forum because of jealous posters attacking them or suggesting their finds are fake or not found. Does it happen, sure...but make sure you know what your talking about even remotely before beaking off about someone's finds.

Anyhow, that's a fantastic find dude!!! Don't let the haters get to you. That's a banner find all day long.

Wow, I am going to respond to this simply because it appears I was one that was targeted by this post. Not once did I say this was fake or modern. I simply made an observation, based on my experience, that I personally have never seen a piece of iron, 200+ years old, come out of the ground looking like that. My experience has not included digging anything out of cold water apparently. I am also not jealous (seriously?) or a "hater." People are often too quick to conclude something is old before doing the proper research to confirm. Just wanted to make sure you had conclusive evidence of it being colonial.

My post was far from an attack on the original poster. Glad it turned out to be real.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back