Sep 4, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280/Anderson Detector shaft modifications
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 28
Wow! If I had a spot like that to recover artifacts, I'd darn sure be taking diving lessons. What great finds. Having done some forge welding in my past, your hawk head looks like the man building it got it a little too hot, and burned the iron a bit. Your last photo of the axe shows where he went a little beyond welding heat and was making some sparks. I've done that, it's really easy to burn up your work, and just shows the blacksmith was human. What a great artifact.

Totally awesome finds!!!!!

Hi, I posted some better pics in the sunlight. As you can see the back has been reinforced which makes it look like an eye. Here are a few other items I found nearby including cutlass cage marked Hollier which dates the site 1750-1780.
...jfyi....this pic will be my new wallpaper....

My hats off to you,for posting/finding one of the very coolest relics I have ever seen on here :notworthy:

Hi, I posted some better pics in the sunlight. As you can see the back has been reinforced which makes it look like an eye. Here are a few other items I found nearby including cutlass cage marked Hollier which dates the site 1750-1780.

:occasion14: Man, that is one sweeeet axe! Please don't be afraid to show off your finds I absolutely love that kind of stuff. I would love to have found half of the goodies in that box. Some folks have no clue how clay or silt can preserve such things. Congratulations! :occasion14: P.s. Nominated for banner, can we pleeeease see some buttons and coins you found?

Steve

Last edited:
Hope I didn't come across as questioning your find as a amateur blacksmith I really just wanted detail pics. And holy crap what case of relics!! are they all rev war? and I love the hammer head I would have to put a handle on both of them for sure. Chris

Fantastic historic relic! The claw hammer is very early too. Research online about colonial tools. You will be surprised at what they used back then to forge a new country. Congratulations...

1 casper2.jpg 6.gif
MUSEUM QUALITY :icon_thumleft:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::lurk: " Thanks Man. I usually keep my finds to myself . "

Hey Candiver , good to see your back ,for the record , " I for one enjoy your finds ."

jeeez, I remember your last thread :icon_scratch: same kind of hostility .

starting to understand why you keep things to yourself .

Hi, Thanks for everyones input. I found a great picture of a Ranger holding a tomahawk. They were always rounded at the back. It makes sense you wouldn't want anything digging into your side running thru the forest. Or impaling yourself if you fell.

That is simply astounding. The condition is unbelievable. To think a 1972 one center can come out unrecognizable and this historic artifact looks like some movie actor threw it away after filming last year! Congrats!

That is truly a thing of beauty CanDiver:notworthy:

Please keep on posting, as these types of finds are what keep me going.
Don't deprive the many of us here who appreciate what you do over the ignorance of a few..

HH,
Chris

What a fantastic find there CD, it's in as good of condition as you can ask for. This is a BANNER find for sure due to it's remarkable condition.
You know I really have to start doing more freashwater diving, the ocean isn't so kind to iron.
ZDD

That is simply astounding. The condition is unbelievable. To think a 1972 one center can come out unrecognizable and this historic artifact looks like some movie actor threw it away after filming last year! Congrats!

Ditto!!!!

Hello everyone. I was heading back to my boat after finding a few buttons and coins. I got a pretty good signal and puller out an axe head. At first I almost dropped it thinking it was a large iron spike. I'm glad I didn't. Its a stunning tomahawk with an eye desin to the rear. It is still sharp. The quality of the metal is impressive. I love it.

It could be French Indian wars also.

Great find !!!

That is one amazing find, the shape it's in is beautiful...Congrats and my vote is in....

Wow! Any way you could post more photos of the stuff in that heap? It looks like that axe isn't the only amazing thing you found! Nice!

I received some more info on the axe. Its a belt axe(tomahawk) issued to provincial Rangers. Design on the back dates it to French Indian wars but they were still being used during the Rev War.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back