RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' Tom:laughing7:

2d7355ed6f6f8b43b4ca97b3c87d7c09.jpg41U03LyQJbL.jpgc01ffc1d51ac93a66e19add8925ca656.jpgc9a21854fc1fbf4d86de23470b82cf78.jpgCaZ5qMZUsAAcP3e.jpgrgaga.gif

folks,

Going through my tshirts to find out what to wear tomorrow. I came across this one probably bought it about 25 or more years ago because the brewpub's name is Gritty McDuff's which matches my last name.

Attachments

• DSC02751 (534x600).jpg
    DSC02751 (534x600).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 28
Night scallywags... steady as she goes.

C U N AM

my first Merc 1925!P1100619.JPGP1100618.JPG

Nite captain, Bill, RR, Bart,
Tom (i know it was dude), & crew.
And now "last dance" is stuck in my head. [emoji126] [emoji99]
Somebody close the hatch, tis'a lttle breezy.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Congrsts GB! And a very fine merc it is!

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Oh, before I forget, Happy First Bull Run anniversary!

Now goodnight.

There once was a woman from Tepai
Who loved a good roll in the Hay
For several doubloons
She'd show her Baboons
and give your skin flute a good Play...

Ban coming

You leave out "skin" and you would maybe be ok. Think I see a ship on the horizon flying Mod colors.

Nice work gold boy......gotta luv the mercs....congrats on the silver.

Wheres the reales WD ?? They are there somewhere.

They are still in Ohio (hopefully)! We took a trip to the beautiful Bluegrass State. (That's right, rusty.) We visited my in-laws. And my sister-in-law and brother-in-law came down from Indy. I have pics I am going to split up on different threads. No fish pics though. Sorry. Anyways, last time we were there, they pointed us in the direction of an old homesite. We couldn't go back there this time because of crops. So he pointed me across the road. He said it was somewhere by the creek. I dug up glass and pieces of dishes and a handle to either a spoon or fork. I don't know much, but I think that would indicate I was close. They got worried and sent Mr WD out for me. Note: he was not worried, he knows how I am. Anyways when I found out I laughed at them. They could have just hollered. I literally was just across the road on the other side of the fence! We rode around to see if we could find foundation rocks or anything else that would indicate a home was there. Nadda. So then we took a ride on the 4 wheelers, came back, got cleaned up and put on a fish fry for family and friends of family. My father-in-law found out from the guy that used to live there, that there is even another old homesite on the land. He actually reffered to it as a cabin, so I thought that might be kind of cool. We searched for it this morning, but couldn't find it. We decided we are going to go back in the fall and he is going to take us to "Grandad's place" and also to his home site where he grew up. We are going to hopefully find memorabilia from days gone by. Mr WD is already planning it out. Which this is going to be great because I probably won't have to do much digging, just locating. All in all, it was a very good visit with the in-laws.

Yeah it was.

Do you want to hear about it?

It was epic. I was fishing for walleye casting a crawler harness into about 20'-25' of water while I was anchored in about 10' of water on the edge of a reef that reaches out into the lake about 300 yards from shore. About half the time I get a hit I don't even feel a tap, and that the way this northern hit. It just felt like I ran the crawler into weeds- but there ain't no weeds on the bottom in 20' of water.

After I set the hook it came towards me real easy at first. It started shaking it's head and taking a bit of drag every time it shook, then it kinda angles out along the reef taking drag. Got it up to boat twice but I couldn't see what it was. It was keeping deep. I knew it was not a walleye, that's for sure! Finally got it up to within three feet of the surface and I get a real good look at it.

It just rises to the surface and looks at me like - :tard: What's next M.F.er? :tard:

So I get the net out. I creeped it on in reeling real mellow. Tried to scoop it in and it freaks right the heck out. Jumped it's way across the surface taking drag till it was about 15 yards away. Then it gives me that creepy "whatchagonnadonow!?" look again. I creeped it on in on to the gunnel again real mellow and swept the net at it. I got it folded in and scooped it into my 11' plywood skiff.

I thought the aluminum net was going to break, not the Dacron net, the aluminum frame. I got it in the boat all mellow and it freaked right the heck out. I'm lucky I didn't lose any hardware, or tackle, or the other two rods I had in the boat. It was a close call when my portable clamp on stern light almost got jettisoned but I let go the net and grabbed the light on its way out.

If it would of swam into the zebra mussels in the weeds on the reef it would have broke me off in a heartbeat. I ran back straight to the dock and straight to the neighbor's ice box. Tee hee!

Now that was an exciting read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back