RANDOM CHAT THREAD - Chat about anything or just hang out - ALL are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out for a 1 hr. run today (on the surface of the sun) 012.JPG How hot was it ?005.JPG One tough little Engine .It never got above 185* on the gauge(after eating a 911 for lunch):).And 20 seconds after shutdown,side-pipes temp. pix.:) 003.JPG004.JPG

Last edited:
Oh man what a morning I have been having. I just got back from the neighbor's cellar, had to store a body.

Anybody want to hear a fish story?

'come all ye fellows that follow the sea and I'll tell you a tale 'bout a big fish and me...' :laughing7:

Caught a 42-1/2" northern pike on a crawler harness, Zebco rod, Mitchell 300 reel spooled with ten pound test monofilament. The bad news is no witnesses but me, and the taxidermist don't want it. Unlike the last 40-1/2", it is all torn up bodily. The good news is it is going to feed everybody invited to the party. Getting lightly brined today. Smoking it tomorrow. Yep, I hardly noticed that the door handle on my truck broke first thing. It's a fine day!

Dang! Bet that was fun.

So in an effort to get our youngest crew member some time on white hawk I have given up my spot aboard white hawk in this race. I'm currently racing ahead in the sea safari back to mackinac island. Boss said to me " if you trade spots with JB for the race you can have sunday to detect port st. Ignace". I responded with a hell ya !! I replaced the starter on the mockingbird yesterday and saved them from missing this race. I have the best position in this crew....pirate quatermaster....shuffling between boats and captains, fixing the major problems, assessing crew complaints, working on solutions to smooth tensions with each captain and ultimately making the tuff decisions on who stays and who goes. Boss likes to put me on each crew for a bit to get to know the personality traits of each crew member. I report back to the big boss with an honest assessment of what's going on with the captain and crews of each program. I can quickly see who the serious people are and who the trouble makers are. We had a near mutiny on the white hawk when I arrived so we quickly changed crew rosters to put the people who could best deal with the dictator like approach that this captain uses to run the ship. Often I will hash out the crew complaints with the captain and negotiate terms for the crew.....other times it may go the opposite way with me letting the crew know that they will have to step up there game and do a better job. Ultimately this trip we all agreed to let the one trouble maker and instigator go before the mac race.....it worked....and its literally smooth sailing now. Sadly the captain on the "mockingbird" is on very shakey ground right now. I've had to arrange a tow for him when he broke down, replace the faulty starter on his boat, repair 2 winches, his rudder bearing is shot and sticks, and the boat is in disarray under his command. I suggested not racing the boat due to the possibility of a catastrophic rudder failure that could cause the boat to be lost. I was voted down by the other captains and the owner. The boat will race against my advice. I will always err on the side of safety.....for the record I made my protest. I have to keep the weed off the boat, and make sure the heavy drinkers are under control until we reach the dock. Each crew member is allowed one drink at 5 pm when we are underway......that's pretty generous compared to most other programs. On occasion when we anchor I'll allow an extra ration of grog to keep moral up and lighten the moment. I take orders from each captain when on board and try to give my advice to them in a respectful but honest way. On occasion it can get nasty and once or twice even to the point of physical confrontation. It's great to be pirate quatermaster !! Just gotta keep the daggers out of everyone's back. Given the chance these guys will stab each other at will to climb up the chain of command. I'm sure I have a hundred sticking out of my back right now. So guys it ain't all fun and games......just a little glimpse of some of the challenges besides making it from point to point and keeping all this stuff running and working. I wouldn't trade it for any other job !!

Msbeepbeep,

A belated good morning....same deal here temperature wise 100f+ with humidex.
Just got back from a 2 hour walk and ready for another shower...:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Last edited:
I wouldn't miss that roger if I were you !! Sounds like a lot of fun my fellow pirate.

Last edited:
Looking at the current weather forecast.......I may have made a great decision by getting off the race boat. It looks as if the fleet will be hit with a major weather event later today. Lots of red in these storms is bad news for these boats. We will just make it over this system in the sea safari.... if were lucky. The entire sailing fleet will be engulfed in this system.

Duckshot,

I thought those pike were pretty bony....some people in these parts grind up the flesh including the bones and make patties with it.

Oh man what a morning I have been having. I just got back from the neighbor's cellar, had to store a body.

Anybody want to hear a fish story?

'come all ye fellows that follow the sea and I'll tell you a tale 'bout a big fish and me...' :laughing7:

Caught a 42-1/2" northern pike on a crawler harness, Zebco rod, Mitchell 300 reel spooled with ten pound test monofilament. The bad news is no witnesses but me, and the taxidermist don't want it. Unlike the last 40-1/2", it is all torn up bodily. The good news is it is going to feed everybody invited to the party. Getting lightly brined today. Smoking it tomorrow. Yep, I hardly noticed that the door handle on my truck broke first thing. It's a fine day!

Bart,

Better to be safe than sorry in my misspent youth I wouldn't have cared less....being older and a bit gunshy tends to make you a bit more cautious.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Hallo, Tom! How's the weather over there in Krautland? It's a lil' warm over here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back