🔎 UNIDENTIFIED QUETTA 3370

SKY 6

Greenie
Feb 5, 2022
Days ago I found this metal plate marked with QUETTA 3370 at a WW2 battle field, can anyone help me identify it?
IMG_7980.JPGIMG_7979.JPG

Which WWII battlefield was this found at? Did you find anything nearby and if so what/how far away?

Upvote 0
Please supply size info.
Looks like a leg band for a carrier pigeon, but not sure how big it is.

Upvote 0
The width is 2.1cm and the length is around 5.5cm, there is a battle field near Sounion (Greece), I've found also a bunch of WW2 era 7.92mm mauser casings and 9mm luger casings in the same area, all with german headstamps.

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Maybe it's a holdover equipment tag from WWI .

Upvote 0
The only association I find is as follows:
A Neolithic site exists in Quetta valley Pakistan. It dates from 3370-2530 BC.
Strange to find these in an easy search on-line. If relevant, could it be a tag from an artifact, discovered at this site? I don’t know how it got to Greece. I’m sure there are many possibilities.

Upvote 1
Two long shots are:

1) Contact Athinaios Historikos who posted the photo here
The caption is "Athens in WWII | Two contrasting photos from the beach by Cape Sounion, the first from the German occupation (German soldiers washing military vehicles) and the second from the present." They may know the history or know someone who does.

2) Ask some older residents in the area if they have heard of "Quetta" .

Good luck!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Two long shots are:

1) Contact Athinaios Historikos who posted the photo here
The caption is "Athens in WWII | Two contrasting photos from the beach by Cape Sounion, the first from the German occupation (German soldiers washing military vehicles) and the second from the present." They may know the history or know someone who does.

2) Ask some older residents in the area if they have heard of "Quetta" .

Good luck!
I will try this way, thank you!

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back