Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, does anyone know the pin numbering on these M12 4 pin connectors? I have a quick change mod on my excal and I figured out that in order to solder the wires on the new Coiltek All terrain big orange coil:
Pin#1 = Red wire
Pin#2 = Black wire
Pin#3 = White wire
Pin#4 = orange or yellow wire

The thing I cannot figure out is what pin is 1, 2, etc. on this connector.i looked at it under magnifying glass and no markings on it or anything.
Anyone have experience with adding these connectors onto the coil cables?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
Who did the quick change set up for you, or did you purchase it like that? There is no set Pin Out for that modification. Other words, whom ever did it would be the only person who knows. And the M12 4 pins do not come lettered or numbered like the old GT or Sovereigns 6 pins were.

If you have no information on who did it, my suggestion is cut the old one (m12 4) off and trace the wires to which pins they go to.. than purchase another M12 4 pin and do both at the same time.

And by the way the first to try fittings n coils (On the excal) was Treasure Hunter and MT Pockets< I seen them talk of it and so I did the research and came up with something a little different.

I did do "Two" of the inlines (and this was a long time ago, 2012) I found out after a few, the inlines had a falsing issue in the saltwater and the best performance results were had when the fittings mated with the endcap M12 4 pin / along with using a all metal jacket 3M M-12 4 pin code A . My pin out was the first pin to the right of the slot was red, pin 2 was black, pin 3 was white than pin for was yellow.

I No longer do this stuff, to much like work after a couple of years.

OBN0111 (2).jpg
OBN0366.jpg

Thank you for posting OBN! I really appreciate this info.
I sent my excal to Detector Center last year and they added the inline coil change mod:

4 Pin Female IP68 Coil Connector for Excalibur Coil Interchanges - CONTROL HEAD END.

4 Pin Male IP68 Waterproof Connector for Excalibur Coil Installations - COIL END.

Detector Center added the 4pin m12 onto the stock 10in coil and added one to the Tornado coil. Both coils work great.

The most recent coil I got from a guy - Coiltek all terrain series for sovereign. He took it off his excal so it should / hoping it will work fine.

The pics in my first post were pics of theM12 connectors I bought from that link you sent me last year but if I remember correctly, they were out of stock so I had to buy a few of the other ones they had. They looked very similar.
So, is the connector you mentioned with pin1 to the right of the slot a Male connector? I posted a picture of how I interpreted what you are saying. Could you tell me if I got this correct? Also, I will put some clear silicone around all the suspect areas and then figure out what else I need to do to it so I can start wading in the water again. I got really sick over the past two years or so. Ended up with staff infection that got into the blood stream and it messed me up really bad. Affected my brain and everything. I was in the hospital for 15days a few months back. I am getting better slowly. So, I am looking forward to getting back into the water.
Cheers,
Dan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
My picture above, Excalibur coil change endcap, the fitting to the left is a male...the fitting on the endcap is a female. And yes pin #1 is too the right but the order goes clock wise. Now that is how I did it.. Call the service center and ask how they wire theirs.

Glad your feeling better! Sounds like you had a ruff time for sure. I just got over one of those bumps a from a few years ago, and working on getting out like you..

My picture above, Excalibur coil change endcap, the fitting to the left is a male...the fitting on the endcap is a female. And yes pin #1 is too the right but the order goes clock wise. Now that is how I did it.. Call the service center and ask how they wire theirs.

Glad your feeling better! Sounds like you had a ruff time for sure. I just got over one of those bumps a from a few years ago, and working on getting out like you..
Good idea. I will call them and ask what PIN number they used for each wire. I thought about pulling the male connector they put onto the tornado coil but not sure if I can pull the sleeve back to see which wires are going to each pin.

I hope you get to feeling better!
When I first got to the emergency room a few months ago, they said they may not be able to help me and if I had waited a couple more days I would have died. It was the most horrible feeling I have ever had, not knowing if I was about to die or not.

Reactions: OBN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back