Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hmm now that's an interesting cache find! WTG SkierBob!
Maybe part of some Geo-cache though unlikely.
Maybe Warren Buffet is working on a treasure hunt book/contest? *L*
anyway - great find! :)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very ,very cool . Makes you wonder what type of person would bury such loot .Do they not have any family to give it to or they just a little strange in their thinking. Any way it is your gain for sure. ;D Thanks for sharing.

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those were placed thier recently.
you found some ones stash.
shame on you..lol truth is though i would have taken it too.
i would bet they were found on private property

BeachComber

Greenie
Dec 25, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first I thought, "Oh god he's dug up someone's retirement fund!"
Then I thought "Oh god he took someone's geocaching cache!"

Then I thought, if it's not a retirement fund and not a geocache...what is it!!? People just bury perfectly good coinage on purpose for other people to dig up!?! How cool is that! lol

I used to do geocaching a couple of years ago and plan to get back into it again soon. But this is a whole new concept to me, lol. In geocaching you're not supposed to bury the cache, and also you aren't supposed to take it! lol you take something and leave something , and usually there's a log for you to sign/date.

Anyway , great find! Especially since there were clues, if there were no clues, I'd be realllly scared I stole someone's life savings!

http://www.geocaching.com/

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
WOWEEEEEEE :o :o :o :o!! What an awesome find. Gosh, how much fun was that? I just love the whole mystery thing and then actually finding something.....alot of somethings!! Way to go........What a great experience and memory for you!!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Hey Montana,

Good to hear from you, Jim. It's been a while since anybody responded on this thread. Coincidentally, I just got back from a ski trip to Whitefish, MT. Had a fantastic time there and at Fernie in B.C. Unbelievable snow. They've had 360 inches already this year. They've hit their average already with two months of the ski season to go.

Anyway, I haven't written up the whole story about the caches. The one I posted here was actually the last one I found. I have put together a little story about the first cache I found and I have some pictures of that one that my buddy took. But I can't seem to get the guts to post it. I realize how hard it is for anybody to believe it. I think that all the theories people have come up with are wrong, accept for possibly one. That was posed to me by a fellow Tnetter larrybass. We both seem to think that the caches were planted for the benefit of the person's heirs. In other words, he left a cache or two as inheritances for his neices or nephews, etc. to search for and locate on their own. I've got a feeling that he might be really pissed that other people discovered his plan. He put a whole lot of work into it. But he shouldn't have buried the stuff on public land. He had to know that there were people with metal detectors who could find it without knowing his clues. Or, maybe he didn't think that metal detectors really work, like a lot of people. Anyway, by burying the stuff on public land, I feel that he was donating it to anybody who could find it. I and others were happy to oblige him. The quest made for the most exciting 3 years of my life. I still get goosebumps thinking about it.

So, I may post parts of the story and/or pictures from time to time, but the whole story would require a book. I may do that too someday.
Bob

CanUDigIt

Oct 1, 2007
Chester County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
I don't get tired of reading this, Bob! Your gain, congrats! Three years is a long time but the payoff was worth it. I love that you found it not too far from me. Don't say too much, I actually might know the area. Nah, it's yours and you deserve it! I have hunted an old Delco mill site and came home with only relics due to about 30 years of beer cans and trash being dumped on it. I was pretty disappointed. I would hunt with you anytime though. Good luck with future finds. Take care!

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Breville,
That's my woods digger. It's a Wilcox All Pro, stainless steel, No. 300. It's almost 22 inches long with the hard rubber handle I put on it. Here's another picture of it: (as you can see, it's seen alot of work)

wilcox digger 001.JPG

scott20

Tenderfoot
Apr 27, 2008
texas
That's so cool and i think your right. Those bottles aren't more than 5 or 6 years old i don't think, especially if that .a propel water bottle like i think it is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread