Pet Peeve

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder to myself ??? why some members think they need to have a signature that is up to 4.5 pages long or even longer? Every comment or reply they make causes unnecessary scrolling. Am I the only one with this pet peeve?:dontknow:

I wonder to myself ??? why some members think they need to have a signature that is up to 4.5 pages long or even longer? Every comment or reply they make causes unnecessary scrolling. Am I the only one with this pet peeve?:dontknow:
Some do get long for sure.

My pet peeve is much more serious.
When folks are filming themselves metal detecting and they have muddy gloves on and they did up a coin, before they know what they have they rub the mud off the coin to see the date with their muddy gloves!!

It’s bad enough that they need gloves in the first place, but when they pour a water bottle on it and scrub further with the muddy gloves, it just makes me angry feeling. Kind of riles me up.

When folks are filming themselves metal detecting and they have muddy gloves on and they did up a coin, before they know what they have they rub the mud off the coin to see the date with their muddy gloves!!

It’s bad enough that they need gloves in the first place, but when they pour a water bottle on it and scrub further with the muddy gloves, it just makes me angry feeling. Kind of riles me up.
The rub of it.

Some will say their find, do as you like with it.
One day they'll recover a $5+digit coin. Rub the crap out of it and it'll become a $3 digit coin.
Silvers are very sensitive to any type of a rub.

The rub of it.

Some will say their find, do as you like with it.
One day they'll recover a $5+digit coin. Rub the crap out of it and it'll become a $3 digit coin.
Silvers are very sensitive to any type of a rub.
I can still say it rubs me wrong regardless ;)

Ok Loco, here is one that drives me nuts........the 3 minute intro to a detecting video! First of all, the intro song sucks. Second of all, I love dogs and kids but I don't need to see yours playing in your backyard everytime I click on to watch your hunt video. Thirdly don't pretend you are an expert because I can see you just have a basic knowledge of detecting. Fourthly don't over hype your video and act as if you just found the greatest treasure known to mankind. Fifthly.....ugh, sorry for the rant. I had better stop here before I get labeled as a crank. :laughing7:

Yeah, not this one but I did have one.
Can't recall its exact demise, tick or brown snake. :dontknow: One of the two.

Oh man I hate muddy gloves. Why cant they make them Teflon "like derrrrrr...:violent1:"
We are talking about glove fails right?

Ug... where to start....... bah
Good starting point! 👍
Like, what's with sheep? All they do is bah bah bah. Watch them, often they are not even looking at another sheep but still go bah bah bah, they could be looking at a blade of grass for all we know!
And the other sheep? Heads down eating grass, and now and then they go bah bah bah!
How can that even be a form of communication?
Imagine if the only words out of our mouths was blah blah blah.......hang on that's YouTube and Tik Tok........

It’s bad enough that they need gloves in the first place,
Erm... I'd say that depends entirely on where you hunt & what you hunt for. 🤨 I encounter so many rusty nails and invisible shards of metal & glass, I'd be foolish NOT to wear gloves.

Tetanus isn't the only nasty you can contract from digging in soil; the list is extensive. Someone I've known for many decades contracted cryptococcosis from digging privies.
He's cured now--he doesn't dig privies anymore. 😁

I've only ever found one silver Merc. Chances are slim I'll find m/any more, but I'm generally pretty careful with anything "coin-shaped" (I've found as many tokens as coins).

So to me, getting the dirt off has little/nothing to do with whether I'm wearing gloves or not. It depends more on the soil composition and moisture content.

I also wear two kinds of gloves. I wear a heavy leather work glove for digging on my left hand, and a fingerless glove on my right hand for going through the soil I'm holding in my left. Works for me. 😁

I'd be foolish NOT to wear gloves.
So to me, getting the dirt off has little/nothing to do with whether I'm wearing gloves or not. It depends more on the soil composition and moisture content.
I also wear two kinds of gloves. I wear a heavy leather work glove for digging on my left hand, and a fingerless glove on my right hand for going through the soil I'm holding in my left. Works for me. 😁

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back