Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
000aaa.jpg

NO ! I DID NOT USE THE SURVEY CODE
000bbb.jpg

was starving before I Got to the Butcher shop & Had to Eat first.

the former 99 Cent Burger is over $2.00
& the original burger is gone.

a pressed flat piece of meat on a very chewy bun replaced it :(
I had to spit the bun Out, and just Eat the tiny piece of Meat.
I must Admit under the circumstances it Did it'd Duty.

The soda, Small Cup, but it's obvious most refill their cups for free.
I on the other hand don't fill my Cup & Only drink enough to wet My my mouth
& Wash down the Crumbs

I was Shocked when she said $4.75 :o

Next time I'll Stop at The Coney Island
000ccc.jpg

Only issue there is their Burgers are Cooked/Fried in Onion Juice .
Onions do Havoc to my indigestion by causing heartburn.
but I'll at least get a Real burger not Kangaroo :tongue3: :coffee2:

Attachments

• 000aaa.jpg
    000aaa.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 000aaa.jpg
    000aaa.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 7
View attachment 2174255

NO ! I DID NOT USE THE SURVEY CODE
View attachment 2174250
was starving before I Got to the Butcher shop & Had to Eat first.

the former 99 Cent Burger is over $2.00
& the original burger is gone.

a pressed flat piece of meat on a very chewy bun replaced it :(
I had to spit the bun Out, and just Eat the tiny piece of Meat.
I must Admit under the circumstances it Did it'd Duty.

The soda, Small Cup, but it's obvious most refill their cups for free.
I on the other hand don't fill my Cup & Only drink enough to wet My my mouth
& Wash down the Crumbs

I was Shocked when she said $4.75 :o

Next time I'll Stop at The Coney Island
View attachment 2174253
Only issue there is their Burgers are Cooked/Fried in Onion Juice .
Onions do Havoc to my indigestion by causing heartburn.
but I'll at least get a Real burger not Kangaroo :tongue3: :coffee2:
You got cheap
Whopper with a medium drink
$16.50+TAX

I was in similar circumstances today and stopped at my local McDonald's for a crispy chicken sandwich. The quality of breadbun was awful and the meat was 80% crispy batter and 20% chicken. It's astounding to me that they screw us by switching to substandard ingredients AND gouge us on the price.

BTW. a King-sized Snickers bar at my local Circle-K gas station is $4.58

The ketchup was $0.00. You should have gotten more ketchup.
only Ketchup I got was what was on the Bun.
She asked if I wanted Extra.

probably good I Said No. May have been a quarter more, Plus tax

I was in similar circumstances today and stopped at my local McDonald's for a crispy chicken sandwich. The quality of breadbun was awful and the meat was 80% crispy batter and 20% chicken. It's astounding to me that they screw us by switching to substandard ingredients AND gouge us on the price.

BTW. a King-sized Snickers bar at my local Circle-K gas station is $4.58
I Heard KFC Has Decreased the size of Drum sticks drastically.
Been years Since I Been in KFC

I Heard KFC Has Decreased the size of Drum sticks drastically.
Been years Since I Been in KFC
How do you downsize a chicken drumstick???? What are they doing- killing the chicks and serving that?
I haven't ate anything from KFC in over 20 years. Around here it is known as Kentucky Fried Wharf Rat.

I know we come here to blow off steam and joke around but at the end of it all we really don't know what a lot of these companies are using today.
I have been a company director of several companies in various different industries over years from ground up. So i did all the crap jobs. So I got to see both sides of coin., so to speak.

Several observations

1, Generational Changing demographics Generation Z are not so interested on burger joints anymore because thy have become more health conscious. Partly blamed for social media where everyone is expected to look like a movie star.

2. De coupling from globalization when items was made on cheaper overseas in poorer country has no longer become available and the cost of wages rising in a inflational economy with items now have to be made here.

3. Over satiation of the market place. How many burger joints do you need.

4. Higher energy costs.

5. Higher insurance costs as natural disasters etc are driving up material replacement cost.

6. Higher wages to cope with inflation adding to a cost of living crisis where discretionary spending is shrinking.

7. Inflation as has encourage everyone into a tit for tat cycle of endless price gouging that is driving inflation.

All of above impacting the bottom line in profit margin's. Many fast food chains are becoming impossible to make a living. Especially those chains working on franchise system.

There is a multinational company that own various franchise and squeeze the managers owners of these franchise to point some are virtually going broke.

That is why your seeing whole food chains going broke.

It is not solely an American thing it is happening globally. Interesting enough some mom and pop burger joints are thriving undercutting chains and making a profit, and serving better burgers.

Crow

Last edited:
There's a BK in the next town from me. I very rarely go there any more because of other options in the area. The entire staff looks like escaped prisoners. One of the guys was actually flipping a butterfly knife back and forth as he took my order. Their 'meat' patties have evidently changed to what I presume is a higher soy bean/ less meat mixture because the texture and flavor is different than years ago, and they'll make you fart like a pack mule.

$15 minimum wage hasn’t helped.
I swore off of fast food many years ago. I have had Wendy’s chili once and a 6” Subway a time or two.
For around $5 I can still cook a decent meal at home, with leftovers.
97 cent box of pasta, 89 cent diced tomatoes and $2.99/lb (on sale)27% fat burger.

A few years ago In my neck of the woods it happened with Pizza franchises they was making 13 cent profit a pizza in the end.

Dominos under cut other pizza franchises pizza hut, eagle boys, Pizza haven. There pizza was like cardboard with bit of cheese and a few topping. Hell they made TV pizza from the supermarket look good. And pizza size shrank.

Their profit margin was based on extra ribs extra toppings. chicken wings soft drink etc. Then ubber eats blew the market wide open with food delivery from many tradition restaurant that never did home deliveries cut into their market.

Subway imploded in sandwich market and its was the same Gloria jeans coffee. Starbucks franchise fees was just too high to survive. KFC still lingers on but. MC Donald's diversified in MC cafes. burger king, hungry Jacks diversified.

Australia minimum wage is 24.10 per hour.
USA 7.25 minimum wage is per hour.
England minimum wage is l1.44 pounds per hour. Canada minimum wage is 17.30 per hour.
Ireland minimum wage is 12.70 euro.

USA medium rent for a month is $1,739.
Australia The median month rent is $2604 AUD
England. medium rent for a month is £1,336
Canada medium rent for a month $2,193 CAD
Ireland medium rent for a month 1,400 EUR (1,550 USD).

USA Average price of a loaf of bread 2.50 USD
UK Average price if a loaf of bread £1.36 Pound
Australia Average price of a loaf of bread 4.40 AUD
Canada Average price of a loaf of bread 3.00 CAD
Ireland Average price of a loaf of bread , 1.61 Euro.
Of course there is difference in exchange rates but easy to work out.
I would love to do fuel but some countries have liters and others gallons.
It just gives you an idea where you sit with those three thing. this is over all average it does not take in a account regional differences with in a country.

Cheers Crow

about 5 months ago I was at a different BK , but did not pay attention to prices.
but the burger and the bun were normal

How do you downsize a chicken drumstick???? What are they doing- killing the chicks and serving that?
I haven't ate anything from KFC in over 20 years. Around here it is known as Kentucky Fried Wharf Rat.
I know a KFC grower.
A decade ago they asked him to reduce the live weight from 4.15 lbs to 3.85 lbs.
Paid him the same $$$.
He was like :headbang:, 2 weeks of free growing.
I think at the time he was doing 60,000 chickens a year.

The Angus burger at the local chip stand last year was $18.00, then the tax on that =$20.34.
No thanks
Lovely person, but I'm not that desperate to spend $20 on a burger.

Going anywhere-pack my own food/water/snacks from my fridge/pantry/well.

I don't do fast food-it's just plain garbage.
Folks wonder why they have health issues, and the main thing is just that, what they consume.
Remember does the food come from a plant or a commercial industrial plant.

Just because a person goes anywhere doesn't mean they can't pack their own fixings.

Reap what one sows
Processed foods are slowly taking out the 2 legged creature.
Some even say it's all by design.
Prove me wrong

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back