Is there anyway to find a copper tea pot 3 foot depth in soil?

Depends on size of pot, what it contains, and soil conditions. What makes you think it is 3 foot deep, or is a copper pot?

Short answer is yes, long answer needs more info to tell you exactly how and with what equipment.

If you know it is there, dig it up. You need to dig it eventually anyway ....
Ever try that, even a 10ft area one will dig, a lot of dirt finding an item that is 8" around.
Dug my drilled well out (buried 2 ft) to find the cap many years ago, I even had a map.

We (me and a plumber) dug down here and there, and didn't find it.
I got the detector out and it was under the snow back 6 ft away.
The ground was solid all the way down.

Choice was a guy @ $95 an hour-or my free labour.

Its a copper tea pot i don't know what's in it or if anything at all. My grandma said it's 3ft deep
Ok the question that needs to asked (if possible)
Grandma why was the copper tea pot buried?
Is there a reason why it should be dug up?

If Granny said while having a private chat-I buried a copper tea pot wink wink, and you should dig it up-wink wink.
Then I'd be wondering myself.

Here's an idea look for a local detecting club, one might have a detector that will be able to detect a copper tea pot at that depth,

Best of luck

I'll guess that over 99% of the time 'hunting' is 'costs' ineffective. We don't hear much about all the total failures. Even if you knew exactly where the pot was, would digging it up be worth the effort? Most of the rewards are not financial. Like most any hobby.

But there a pot actually there? Is it actually that deep? How did that happen? Why?

I'll guess that over 99% of the time 'hunting' is 'costs' ineffective. We don't hear much about all the total failures. Even if you knew exactly where the pot was, would digging it up be worth the effort? Most of the rewards are not financial. Like most any hobby.

But there a pot actually there? Is it actually that deep? How did that happen? Why?
The thrill of the hunt.
Sentimental attachment.

Gee if I put the costs-returns (from this passion) on the balance beam.
The scale's cost side is on the platform, and the cost side is vertically at a 60 degree angle.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back