invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All, I dug near a farm house built in 1921 that replaced a previous house that dated to at least 1869. When it first came out of the ground I thought it was a gaming token. Taking a closer look I saw 1908, a bust, and a lot of detail. Did some research, and sure enough in the 1910 and 1920 U.S. Census there was an E.C. Jobes in Greenville, Ohio who sold pianos. Told the property owner it was the first time I ever saw one like it and that I'd probably never dig another. Then I proceeded to find 5 more - go figure. While a silver dollar still eludes me - today I'll settle for these.

Attachments

• Coin - obverse.jpg
    Coin - obverse.jpg
    822.9 KB · Views: 198
  • Coin - reverse.jpg
    Coin - reverse.jpg
    688.5 KB · Views: 156
Upvote 43
Cool tokens. How odd that you found 6 of these in the same day. Is that a record? Has anyone else come across one of these?

Tuberale, I found the first token on the first day and told the property owner I hadn't found one before or probably wouldn't in the future. Then next day I found 5 more. That is when I knew there had to be a back story.

A fantastic Token Spill - congrats !
E-Trac-Ohio, you bet! Of the 150+ artifacts I've donated in 18 educational display cases to the local historical society thus far, that token is in the Top 10 because the store owner is related to a pair of women, one of whom belongs to the society. It is rare to dig a find with a proven family connection.

E-Trac-Ohio, you bet! Of the 150+ artifacts I've donated in 18 educational display cases to the local historical society thus far, that token is in the Top 10 because the store owner is related to a pair of women, one of whom belongs to the society. It is rare to dig a find with a proven family connection.
Great job on sharing your finds so other people can enjoy looking at them and learn more about history !
Good Hunting !

Great job on sharing your finds so other people can enjoy looking at them and learn more about history !
Good Hunting !
Agree 100% Plus it keeps my home from getting cluttered, which keeps my wife happy. Win-win 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back